“Most Pathetic experience I have ever had......”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puri
Camellia Hotel and Resort
Ranked #65 of 81 Hotels in Puri
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Most Pathetic experience I have ever had......”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The most horrible experience I faced in Camellia puri . I reached hotel and found empty bottles of beer lying in the reception and the smell of wine was around. I booked AC standard room for my family. I booked before 3 months ago. The room was the last of the row and fully damp without AC. Immediately I called manager (mr. Kuntal) but his phone was ringing. I was keep on trying but unable to reach him. I requested hotel's staffs to call him but no body replied me. They told me that they will put AC after 5-6 hours when AC mechanic will be available. The room was so damp and the door lock was broken. Entire corridor was full with empty wine bottles and odd smells. I came out with my family and booked another hotel. I had to adjust 50% (2500/-) of my booking amount with food bill which was again a big story. I got my rest amount back after huge follow up with them. DO NOT BOOK CAMELLIA EVER. The most wrong Hotel to chose.Most unprofessional managed hotel of Puri.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SiddharthaSC

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Booked a family room for 4 adults and a child. The only good thing about the room was its size and view. Other than that the room was damp with paint peeling off, no geyser in the room on arrival (had to be requested which they immediately put in) which should have been there, electrical sockets in room not working to charge phones, etc (had to be requested to be fixed which was done), TV not working, dirty room and dirty bathroom, broken toilet seat :-(

Booked a car for pick-up with hotel (as hotel pick-up bus was broken) which was not booked. Thankfully, I called the driver 1/2 hr before reaching Puri to find that this is the case. Driver was good, he came but that meant 1/2 hr wait till he arrived and waiting with a 2 yr old at the station.

Food ordered from Room Service was overall good. Hotel condition is overall very poor, electrical cables hanging around here and there so be careful when travelling with young kids.

Bed linen and towels in poor condition.

Will never stay again and make sure we share our feedback with our friend circle as their choice of lodging is the same as us and they will trust our opinion.

Stayed January 2014
3 Thank bachkerehna

Travellers are raving about these Puri hotels

Kolkata
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Bad Service and a run down place that was once a good hotel.. very poor maintenance. Complete apathy of people manning it. they promise false staff and then they cut a sorry figure. The only good thing is the location. Pls stay away...unless they change the management and repair the property that is in shamble. It is rotting literally.. They boast of a Swimming Pool which is a breeding ground of Mosquitoes. The banquet was hosting a NOISY party without caring about the Guests in the room.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Andydey
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Reviewed 17 April 2013

It's not that bad as I expected from the negative reviews posted at Trip Advisor!!

Indeed, our experience is good except the fact that the room furniture looks very old, the big size mirror in the toilet looks hazy.The management surely does not take care of the hotel although it's an impressive, well designed property in a very good location (about 200 meters away from the Swargodawr Sri Chaitanny statue) in the new marine drive road.

We usually travel to Puri for weekend trips, have spent in other hotels of comparative standard (Puri hote, Victoria Club, Seegull, Sonali, Panthonivas or Diamond palace) and I wonder how we overlooked this hotel. The deluxe room (202) where we were accommodated offered a (side) view of the sea. Bed sheets and towels were clean enough, house keeping staffs were good, AC worked well (except that intermittent pooo noise), hot/cold water was there, toiletry kits were useful.There is a option of car parking.
They have two nice restaurants.We tried one Chinese preparation which was indeed good, Bengali food was of average standard. The staffs were nice and professional.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I did not stay in their property but went to have dinner in their restaurant for some great Chinese food. Incidentally I was bowled over by their Chinese food on my earlier visit ( 2008 & 2012). What a huge let down it was. The chowmein was so ordinary and the chicken was stiff. A Chinese dinner joint lost.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank abirchatterjee00
Durgapur, India
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Even if after so many negative review I booked this hotel.I stayed here from 25.03.13 to 28.03.13 for three nights with my family.The location of this hotel is very good.you can enjoy the sea from your room.The staffs are very well behaved especially the house keeping staffs.The food was awesome but the service is very poor.They don't know how to talk with the guest & how to say no to a guest.Camellia is a very renowned group so I would request to the management to do some thing with the maintenance.Its total interior is out of date.All the rooms are affected by termites.At the end I can say do book this hotel for a good location & good food which are main when you are in Puri.

Room Tip: Room no 214 & 215 Have a great Sea View.