“Nice hotel, especially for pilgrimage trip”
Review of Hotel Sea Palace

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puri
Hotel Sea Palace
Ranked #46 of 84 Hotels in Puri
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at Sea Palace hotel during Sep 2013. It was a lovely experience. As hotel is situated on beach, so you can feel pleasant wind and can have scenic beauty. Hotel was clean and hygiene was maintained properly. Swimming pool was also there. This hotel is not just a hotel rather its gaudiya matha cum hotel. If you are especially on pilgrimage trip then this hotel is itself an attraction for you. They have a nice worship place on the ground floor with beautiful idols of Lord Jaggannathh ji, Balram ji and Subhadra ji. Matha people do their daily worship, arti and organize spritual lectures. By luck we arrived there on the occasion of Radha Ashthmi and so get a chance to observe the festival.

There were 2 options of having food- from ashram or from hotel restaurant. Hotel restaurant food was average type but the ashram food was very delicious. But in case you need ashram food you have to strict to their timings and you cannot bring that food to your room. Ashram people serve the food in Indian style. It was an excellent experience. Whenever I get a chance to visit Puri, I would love to stay at this hotel again and would suggest others the same.

Room Tip: Choose a room from where you can have beach view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank jigyasak

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This time while visiting Puri, I had one thing in mind that I will not stay in the crowded Swargadwar. As such I asked my auto in the station to take me to Chakratirtha Road, where I heard that the beach is very serene and less crowded. I was taken to this hotel and shown the rooms on 2nd floor. I liked the rooms at once as the rooms were quite spacious, toilets were totally neat & clean, had a lovely personal balcony overlooking the sea and also a big common balcony just in front. Moreover the beach is right in front. I checked in but then discovered that it is a totally veg hotel and it was a bit problem for us being hardcore non veg. Anyways we still tried their food, but believe me, even veg food can be served with much better tastes. The housekeeping service once daily was very good and also the support staffs are very well behaved, though very little knowledgeable about the surrounding. However, my nightmare came on the 3rd night when I had food poisoining (from food outside the hotel) and I was vomiting and suddenly found that the toilet taps are all totally dry. My wife had to call up the reception 6 times at 10.30 in the night after which they started the water pump. The water was available again after around half an hour. Also pricing seemed to be little on the higher side.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Kaustubh_Das
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We arrived at this hotel after reading about it on this site itself. This hotel is very good, services are very fast and convenient, and the restaurant is purely vegetarian, without onion-garlic, which is very pleasant, feels like home, and there is no intolerable smell of fishes, like in all the other hotels. The biggest plus point is that it's distance from the sea beach is hardly 50 m, and this part of the beach is very less crowded and dirty. It's distance from Swargadwar and railway station is also less, so it's convenient in all ways. Other good features include swimming pool, spacious rooms, hygienic restaurant. We will always come here and advice others to do so.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Achutam
Reviewed 24 December 2013

One of my freinds had booked a room in this hotel for 15th & 16th, of October, 2013. But since the state was about to be hit by Cyclone Phailin on 13th of October 2013 due to which the government was carrying out mass evacuation from the city and the state, so she had to cancel her trip to puri and hence the reservation in the hotel. She asked them to refund the amount which she had paid against advance reservation. They even agreed to pay the money as it was a natural calamity but she despite of passing of 2 months, she has yet not received the money. The staff she has been conversing to, Mr Dina krishna Das daily says he would do it on the next day, but his next day has not come yet. Now the only option we see is a formal police complain and a case in consumer forum.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank yrs2013
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We travelled as a group of 25 people. We booked several super delux room and some standard room additional beds. On arrival, they could arrange only a single travera for transportation, and there was no preparation from hotel staff. They took hours to arrange extra bed for standard rooms. There was no water on swimming pool, which was not informed to us during booking. And when I asked them to get it running, they said go to sea for swimming. There was no availability of hot water in room during our stay of 2 days and we ordered south indian breakfast and that was pathetic in taste. It takes 10-15 minutes on car/auto, from hotel to jagannath temple and golden beach which is easily available. Going by services of this hotel, I wont recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Super delux rooms, facing sea are good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ParagAwadhiya
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We had booked 2 sea view rooms in this hotel in the month of october, 2013. We also paid 50% (INR 9000) of the total amount. Unfortunately, the place was hit by cyclone during that time and hotel was flooded with water. All these happened before our arrival in that place. Also we could not contact the hotel guys since all the telephone/mobile lines were disrupted. In such a case, the hotel guys should refund me the amount. But they did not do it. Even after repeated calling to those guys, they did not bother to refund the amount. So, please be aware of this.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Rahul D
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I had booked this hotel through an online agency for 15th Aug weekend after seeing positive reviews on TA. The experience was much better than I expected. The rooms had a good view of the sea and even had a large verandah where you can sit and watch the waves. They have a well maintained pool where you can swim after coming in from the beach. It is located in CT road, which is a bit far away from Swargadwar, hence you need to spend 120-150 bucks each time you go there for shopping, puja, dinner. On the plus side, this offers you a serene environment as opposed to the hustle and bustle of the city. Food is strictly veg as they have a temple inside the hotel, however, it was decent enough. We ordered an oil massage in our room for Rs. 450 and it was also a pleasant experience.

Overall, highly recommended for all.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple