“Not up to expectations”
Review of Surya Beach Inn

Surya Beach Inn
Ranked #58 of 81 Hotels in Puri
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Average quality. While hotel is close to the new model beach and has good food quality, the choices are limited as many of the items mentioned in the menu are not available, and breakfast options for CP are really poor. Rooms are smallish, and bathrooms are nothing worthwhile to talk about. There is really no good view of the sea from most of the rooms. However, rooms service is mostly prompt and courteous.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Motional
There are newer reviews for Surya Beach Inn

Reviewed 20 November 2012

After a trip to Penang in Malaysia. ..it was the first beach destination in India.Not v impressive from outside, but a boutique hotel as the hotel caption says....was a fairly neat , spic and span.I am slightly finicky abt my surrounding and so is my wife. As we took the lift to the 2nd floor to our room#207 and saw the sea from the wide windows it was a sight to die for ....the hotel had a restro on the top floor overlooking the sea justifying it " Bay view"..they serve amazing food a gourmet wld luv it.Once inside the room u can be sure u r in some star hotel , the linens were as neat as it could be .A very contemporary neoclassical blend .It was not overdone or gaudy. Confort and serenity seemed to be top most agenda of this inn.Only thing they lacked was a pool...bt they did arange the pool hangout for us in a next door resort (probably a sister concern resort without any extra cost....a memorable stay indeed. TRY THE PLACE u will luv it.

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank Sahilmontreal
Reviewed 26 March 2012

The best hospitality in Puri..Do chose Surya beach Inn..Why??...Let me say this,

We spent a total of 3 nights in This Inn in our Trip.The first was on our way in Bhubneshwar.
We stayed at The Trident Hotel, Yes, it was also a good one night stay as per the Brand of Oberois' , But then as we travelled to Puri to reach Surya Beach Inn(by a Taxi),a capsule
sized hotel , but large-hearted people received us with a warm welcome.

They gave us (on my fiancee's choice) a great room overlooking the sea. Super view. Rooms were good, not as large as my earlier destination hotels in Jaipur and Udaipur, but well appointed with good cupboard space and good bathrooms. Comparable to a good 3 star hotel anywhere.
An excellent concierge.
The hotel is simple, but clean and well equipped, with wonderful views of the bay from the interior. They are fairly well-located.
I would say the thing that makes this hotel all the more unique is the
fantastic service and food at such a reasonable price. Dinner is served at your request anytime every night, and is always varied and delicious.
Food was Good,Consistent,Not over-seasoned.
As I say this, the on-color and energetic The hotel receptionist as well as in-house Manager and Promoter Mr. Sourav was extremely courteous like their other staff as well.
Later In the night as my fiancee complained about the Temperature Control, we were immediately shifted to a more value(2500 bucks more) suite , even if I refused it instantly, they requested so much, i changed my mind.
Now, to add a feather to the Hospitality of the managerial staff, my account was someway locked and I wasn't able to transfer money online. So, they waited comfortably for me till I was okay, never said a word, always with a smile. Finally I checked out at 3 PM instead of 8 AM that too without even a extra day or hours charge!!..Fabulous , isn't it!..At least , I thought so..I was so relaxed that I extended a day more'
Hence what sets the Surya's apart are their staff. They are fabulous. Anything is possible.

One last thing. be careful of the taxes. They may be charged on the rack rate.
So, may be a bit more priced considering Puri and the grading of the hotel.
However,
If you want to experience genuine not Oriya or Bengali but Indian
hospitality and local cuisine at an exciting location and at a manageable price, then this hotel is perfect.
My vote of excellence to courtesy.
"Try this, Thou shalt never forget!"

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

2. Towels were wornout & stained

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Subha_11
Reviewed 28 November 2011

While visiting Puri our mind search for a glimpse of a sea view from the hotel room or just coming out of the hotel. Surprisingly the guest in this hotel cannot find so. For staying in the hotel otherwise is pleasant & comfortable . Room is clean , amenities and food are good. To top it all their very friendly service .
They are having an arrangement for taxi to visit nearby and far away places for a reasonable cost. We found it very handy and useful. If in addition the hotel would have a travel desk it would attract more guests in future .
For guests visiting this hotel should ask for front side rooms for more better view and comfort,

Room Tip: Front side rooms have a better view .
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank pray088
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Indeed it was a Great Stay. Although the hotel is not sea facing but it is comfortable and nice. I would like to appreciate highly the warmth of the staff members. If anyone wants to stay out of the crowded swargadar must avail this Inn.
Uloopi

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank uloopi
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I am a traveller and have travelled widelty globally, but i was really inmpressed by this hotel .We had booked 6 rooms in delux catagorry .When we entered the after a long day at konark,We were received with GARLAND and wellcome. The hotel did not had a very execellent front facade,but as we enteres the lift to the corridor our excitement was multiplying. As we reached the room ,it was well furnished ,picsand span.Later we realised from the management the promoter is a Architect with wonderfull tatse.The comfort was like staying in a 5* hotel ,LED TV ,PLUSH BED ,GRANITE CLADDED BATHROOM .TO MY ASTONISHMENT THE PROPERTY HAD A BANQUET ,BOARD ROOM ,AND 32 ROOMS ,IMMEDIATELY UPGRADED MYSELF TO SUITE ROOM BCOS I HAD MY KID .ALL I CAN SAY THE SUITES WERE MIND BLOWING IN MORNING WE WENT TO THE BEACH ,And all we friend with our betterhalf ad a wonderfull time .I wish all the best to SURYA BEACH INN .We went to the roof top there were resturant was getting finished,on top they were creating something with a feel of ship deck area.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple