We had two weeks in Crete in June 2012 and to be honest can't find much fault with the hotel. Everywhere was clean and the staff helpful and friendly. The room was cleaned and the bedding changed daily and the maids would come back later in the day if the morning was not convenient. The only minor point we had with the room was the air conditioning, it didn't seem to get the room cool even though it was set at 16 degrees. However talking to friends staying at a different hotel in Crete, they had the same problem.
There was a good variety of food. Breakfast was the same everyday, but there is a lot to chose from, cereals, fruit, bread, meat and cheese, cooked breakfast and pancakes. The evening meal was different each day with lots of local dishes as well as the usual pizza, burgers and chips. Lunch was also well stocked, however we only went in twice in two weeks as we were still full from breakfast.
The water park was fun for adults and kids alike. There is also three other pools. We tended to use the water park or the relax pool which is adults only. Again each were clean and had a bar nearby.
We knew about the hill that the hotel is sited on prior to leaving from reading earlier review, we didn't think this would be a problem, however we didn't factor in the heat! However, we did walk up it on numerous occasions. The hotel is in a lovely quiet location. It takes about 20 mins to walk into town and this can be done along the road or beach. Alternatively there is a free shuttle bus 6 times a day. Heading in the opposite direction is Stalis. We walked there a few times as the beaches are much nicer than Hersonissos. The public bus also runs to near the town.
As has been said before there was very little in the way of evening entertainment unless you like bingo or music quiz (each costing to take part). We did notice that there was often entertainment put on for the kids in the theater. Having said that, on Saturday night, it is Cretan night with live dancing in the restaurant. We were asked if we would like to reserve a table at the front and order a bottle of wine, this was a really good night and well worth going to dinner early for.
All in all, a lovely holiday, probably the most relaxing one I've ever had and we are considering returning next year.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Expedia, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your smartline Village Resort & Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mareblue Village & Aqua Park Hotel Chersonisos
- Mareblue Village And Aqua Park
- Mareblue Village Hersonissos
- Mareblue Village Hotel Hersonissos
- Smartline Village Resort & Waterpark Crete, Greece