We arrived here on 27th may for a 2 week stay. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children aged 10 and 6. After reading some of the reviews, we were a little worried to say the least. We needn't have worried. We had a fantastic time and would definitely recommend this place.
We found the hotel staff friendly and helpful, our 2 bedroomed apartment was cleaned and had the towels changed everyday. The rooms are basic but that's what you expect with Greece! Both inside and outside were spotlessly clean. The food was amazing with a varied buffet. Kids food corner was pretty much the same everyday but luckily my kids were happy to try different things rather than chips and chicken nuggets every day! At times the restaurant was very busy but staff did there best to keep the food replenished.
The outside pool areas were great, the only complaint was towels being put out early on sunbeds, then guests were going back to bed or going out and not returning to their beds until lunchtime. This was addressed to the staff and a notice was put up stating this was not acceptable and this seemed to do the trick, however I think in high season this could be more of a problem as there didn't seem to be many sunbeds for the amount of guests. Water slides were great and well supervised. There is a sign stating you have to be over 1.2 meters to go on them but this was not the case. If u are happy to let your kids go on, the lifeguards will happily let them(even with armbands). The dreaded hill.......... Yes it's steep but the views are fantastic and it's not really that bad, flat shoes are a must though! The actual complex is situated up a hill but there is a courtesy bus to take you to and from star beach which is definitely worth going to. To walk to star beach it only takes about 15 mins and to get to hersonissos centre it will take about 30 mins to walk or costs 7 euros in a taxi.
The entertainment was ok but a bit repetitive, the Thomas Cook kids club was great and the reps were fab. Thanks Tess, Jen and Danny( and not forgetting dizzy and shades!!) for keeping Callum and liberty entertained and giving us a break!!!
Overall a great holiday.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your smartline Village Resort & Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mareblue Village & Aqua Park Hotel Chersonisos
- Mareblue Village And Aqua Park
- Mareblue Village Hersonissos
- Mareblue Village Hotel Hersonissos
- Smartline Village Resort & Waterpark Crete, Greece