Just returned with my wife and 2 children from visiting this park for the third time. It has been our choice of holiday for the last 3 years.
The resort has got 3 pools suited for children, one of them for the smallest and one with plenty of waterslides to enjoy.We picked it because it's very suitable for younger children and we decided to go with the all-inclusive format.
The things that really make this an incredible holiday, is the excellent offer of food and drinks and the amazing staff. Each and every person of the staff is very friendly and helpful. For example, in our case we wanted a different room, since the higher positioned ones require quite a walk. On two separate occasions a different room was realized within two days of our stay. And during our last stay, we were even "rewarded" for changing our room, with some complementary fresh fruit and Greek delights.
Speaking of the rooms, these are kept clean every day, with a fresh supply of towels as well. It's not a four star hotel-room but for us it was clean enough and we never ran out of towels or other toilet needs...
At our last visit, the restaurant had been renovated, now looking much more open thanks to the use of the white colors. The only drawback is, that there seemed to be some cluttering during dinnertime. Everybody just randomly walks in every direction. Perhaps forming proper lines would help resolve this issue.
The amount and quality of the food offered in the restaurant is very impressive to say the least.
The diversity of the menu is enormous and of excellent quality. During our 11-day stay, it's very easy to eat something different each day. Every day you can pick from several types of bread, soup, fresh fruit, cold salads, fries, meat, fish, Greek dishes, pasta, icecream, cakes, deserts, etc. The list literally just goes on from there. The most annoying part during dinner times, is to see the amount of food, left untouched on the plates. Apparently it's very common, to scoop up your plate with as much food as possible. Only to leave most of it for the staff to cleanup. Personally, I find it shameful to see the amount of food that people waste. This could be resolved by making the staff fill the plates for the guests, instead of the guests doing it themselves.
Every Saturday there is a Greek night, with some dancing and entertainment, you can book a table for 15 euros at the restaurant. During our last stay, we couldn't find a seat at the restaurant, because all the tables were taken. This was resolved by eating on the terrace near the bar. Although slightly inconvenient, this only happened once. The restaurant also offers an Italian night, which of course offers Italian food, for no extra costs.
There are plenty of activities to be done with the children on the resort itself. Although it seems mainly focused on English and French/Belgium nationalities. There is also a cost-free shuttle bus that can bring you to the nearby and popular Star Beach each day.
The drinks at the bar are just plain good and there is plenty of variation to pick from, Local spirits, beer, wine, cocktails and soft drinks. Just don't expect to be offered brand quality drinks. Are there drawbacks? Sure, but they are only minor ones:
- The beds are actually quite hard, this can be easily resolved by laying down some extra sheets on the mattress.
- Kids entertainment is only for the mentioned nationalities
- A bit of cluttering during dinner times
- Steep walk for the higher situated rooms
Besides the drawbacks, I would definitely return to this resort. Most importantly due to the hard work, patience and kindness of the staff, from the cooks, to the cleaning crew and everyone else. Special thanks for our 3 lovely holidays go out to the following staff members:
- Marianna from the Kids Paradise for her patience, sweetness and kindness
- Margarita and Stella from reception for their excellent help
- Grazoela from cleaning for her exceptional kindness and warmth
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your smartline Village Resort & Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mareblue Village And Aqua Park
- Mareblue Village & Aqua Park Hotel Chersonisos
- Mareblue Village Hersonissos
- Mareblue Village Hotel Hersonissos
- Smartline Village Resort & Waterpark Crete, Greece