We stayed 1 week in Village Heights in april. It was so quiet and lovely there. The big resort is in a pretty garden with a lot of flowers and 2 nice swimmingpools with plenty of seats. Everywhere, there was the smell of roses, jasmins and other flowers in the air. At one side, you have a view at the coast in the distance, at the other side, you look at the mountains with the tops covered with snow, and surrounded by a lot of green and wild springflowers. You hear the bells of the goats wandering outside the resort. We had the feeling to be in Switserland, instead of being in Crete. The hotel is 6 km from Hersonissos harbour and town, but with the free shuttle, it is possible to go your way without hiring a car. It is just a pity that the first shuttle leaves the hotel at 9h45, so that is a bit late when you want to make a trip with local busses for a whole day. But it is possible to take the shuttle and then the local bus to visit Heraklion (40 min.) and take there another bus farther to Knossos. We took the shuttle and the local bus to go to Agios Nicolaos too (50 min.). From Agios Nicolaos we took another bus to Plaka (30 min.) and then the boat to Spinalonga (10 min.). We wanted to visit Rethymnon and Ann, working for the hotel, was so kindly to give us a lift in her car to the busstop, at 8h00, so that we were able to catch an early bus to Heraklion (40 min.) and then a second one to Rethymnon (90 min.). If you like to walk to the tradional villages, the shuttle put you off at the road to Old Hersonissos, from where you can walk farther to Piscopiano and Koutouloufari and then to Hersonissos where you can take the shuttle back to the hotel. So you can do a lot. We even traveled from and to the airport of Heraklion, by using the local bus (25 min.) and the hotelshuttle (very cheap, just 2.5 euro per pers.for the bus). The shuttle stops close to the busstop and close to the Spar, so easy to buy what you need. Everybody in the hotel is very kindly and helpfull. We had a promotion week, but we were never pressed by anyone for buying a membership. Ann took care for us and even reconfirmed our flights. We stayed at the Greec evening and ate the buffetbreakfast in the hotel and both were very tasty and plentyfull. And now something about the 1 bedroom appartment. The appartment was big, with a good organised kitchen. We found a free bottle of wine and water in the refrigerator, when we arrived, and a little breakfast (breads, jam, coffee, milk, sugar and tea) too. This was a nice welcome. I am sorry that I have to tell some negative things now. When we arrived, the room was not OK (we arrived at about 19h30). They had still to bring another table and some missing walldecoration. And then it started. We wanted to look at the news on TV and the TV did not work. I wanted to call the reception for saying that our TV was not working, but the phone did not work. Then we wanted to take a shower, and the water was just cold. So we went to bed, but in the morning the water was still cold. By going to the reception, everything was fixed the same day. But it still happened that the water was not hot enough for taking a shower, especially in the morning. The first day in the appartment, I had already to kill 2 spiders, and a 3th one some days later. But what we found the worst thing, we had to kill 2 cockroaches too (one in the kitchen). So, the appartment itself gets only 3 on 5 from us. That is the reason that our endscore is 4 on 5. Whas it not for the appartment, it should have been 5 on 5. But we enjoyed our stay very much and want to thanks all the people of the resort, and especially Ann, for their kindly way they took care for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the north coastline of Crete, Village Heights Golf Resort is nestled amongst lush landscaped gardens and offers breathtaking views of Hersonissos. In true traditional Cretan Village style studios, apartments and villas are beautifully designed to suit every taste. Village Heights Golf Resort offers a full host of amenities and features to ensure a restful stay.Guests can enjoy a wide range of leisure facilities within the Resort including three pools (one indoor), a wellness centre, kids club as well as numerous dining and entertainment venues. In addition, the Crete Golf Club is just 2km away, with incomparable views and special rates on greens fees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Village Heights Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Heights Golf Hotel Chersonisos
- Village Heights Hotel
- Village Heights Golf Resort Crete, Greece