We stayed here for a week through our timeshare club and thoroughly enjoyed our villa and the resort amenities. We called ahead as others recommended and requested an ocean view unit with an added mattress pad. We got both and all I can say is the view from our large patio AND the mattress were wonderful. The furnishings of our 2 bedroom unit were a bit sparse but we were mostly offsite touring and then mostly used the spacious master or the patio. It was a 2-story unit - some may be single level - and the lower level with kitchen, sitting area and bed/bath was more cramped and dark. The onsite market provided the essentials we needed until we could fill in from the town market, which is where their complimentary shuttle bus stops so it's very convenient. We ate dinner at the buffet (on "Greek Night" which included a band and costumed dancers which we enjoyed more than we anticipated) and at the more formal restaurant Elia, which was very good. A poolside lunch one day from the snack bar was also good and the service everywhere was friendly and professional. The front desk staff was especially helpful when we needed to make reservations for a ferry day trip to Santorini.
The property itself is extensive with 2 lovely pool areas and the walkways are lined with roses and other flowering plants. The landscaping was especially impressive in this dry, mountainside climate. We did not rent a car and instead relied on local buses and taxis, but probably would get a rental if we returned for more flexibility. We would definitely recommend this resort to our family and friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the north coastline of Crete, Village Heights Golf Resort is nestled amongst lush landscaped gardens and offers breathtaking views of Hersonissos. In true traditional Cretan Village style studios, apartments and villas are beautifully designed to suit every taste. Village Heights Golf Resort offers a full host of amenities and features to ensure a restful stay.Guests can enjoy a wide range of leisure facilities within the Resort including three pools (one indoor), a wellness centre, kids club as well as numerous dining and entertainment venues. In addition, the Crete Golf Club is just 2km away, with incomparable views and special rates on greens fees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Heights Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Heights Golf Hotel Chersonisos
- Village Heights Hotel
- Village Heights Golf Resort Crete, Greece