I traveled with my husband, and 2 daughters (with 1 boyfriend) aged 19-21. Kreta Natur is just how it looks in the pictures. The gardens are beautiful and the pool area immaculately kept. We hired a car for one week and went out and about, but the kids spent quite a bit of time lying around the pool, and at times were the only ones there. Everybody is very friendly and George and Maria keen to ensure you have a good holiday.
The apartments are in two blocks, and are spacious, with tv, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, as usual single ring and pots and pans. There is air con, but the rooms are tall, and keep cool.
It is about a 25 minute walk into town, mainly down hill on the way, but uphill back which is a bit of a struggle in the heat. We would walk in, stop at the SPAR shop in town, and then get a taxi back for 7 euros, when we didn't have the car. When we had the car, we would go to the local Lidl, as that did not involve driving into the centre of town, which can be quite busy.
There is a long beach on the front where the all inclusives are, but if you venture, up the hill (passed the taxi rank) towards the shops and restaurants, there is a small cliff (with steps carved out) which takes you down to a small sandy beach with loungers for hire. The other main beach walking down the hill, is a lot rockier, but cooler on hot days with a nice sea breeze.
I would highly recommend hiring a car and going up to the Plateau, the views are amazing, and there are some lovely traditional villages to have something to drink or eat. We went to all the local restaurants over the 2 weeks, and all good. I also agree the barbeque night is excellent and there is loads of food. Maria's potatoes were particularly good.
Overall, I would highly recommend Kreta Natur to someone wanting a more laid back Greek holiday, in a relaxing environment, with good access to shops and restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the middle of pines and palm trees, among birds and butterflies, under the glowing Cretan sun and in perfect balance with nature, you can find Kreta Natur, a dollish complex of 14 studios. Relax, rejuvenate get drifted in memories and fall in love... while overlooking the Cretan sea from the comfortable seats of the pool or from the verandas of the studios. Wander around the traditional Mediterranean gardens surrounding the studios and admire the impressive stones and flowers from the Cretan earth while feeling again how it is to be.. in perfect balance with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kreta Natur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kreta Natur Hotel Chersonisos
- Kreta Natur Crete, Greece