“Good food at good prices!”
Review of Mythos

Mythos
Ranked #6 of 253 Restaurants in Hersonissos
Price range: US$4 - US$23
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Traditional Family taverna since 1993.Our restaurant was founded in 1993 aiming to help our foreign guests get aquainted to the Greek cuisine and the Greek wines.We managed to expand our food list with international dishes with full success too.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Cosy family taverna with delicious food. Also, the prices are lower than at the restaurants found on the main street of the resort. For example, we had a seafood plateau for 2 persons for 22euros in June 2018, while the same thing was 30-36euros at the restaurants right by the sea. The owner and the stuff were very friendly, they also gave us for free bread buns with garlic butter and a mixed fruits plateau. Stop by, if in Hersonissos!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,672)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had dinner twice in this fantastic restaurant, was recommended by lots people at our hotel and was not disapointed, we tried the mixed grill for two, spare ribs and mussaka. after each meal you always get a free dessert of water melon ice cream and cake all washed down with some ozo...

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited Mythos after reading reviews on trip advisor - so glad we did!

We were greeted by a very warm and chatty lady, and seated us quickly. Lots of choice on the menu and good value cocktails.

Opted to go for the meze starter and ordered another 2 dishes so we could just graze our way through instead of having one big meal. We also were given some lovely fresh, warm bread rolls served with garlic butter. Be warned - the butter is VERY strong and garlicky and I’m sure I probably STANK after eating it, but I really don’t care because it was amazing!

Meze was good - cheese pies tasty and saganaki was lovely! Tzatziki - lots of it and with lots of fresh salad. My fella also loved the sausages (I don’t eat sausages myself). Unfortunately, I was disappointed to find that the dolmades had meat in them. If I had known this I would have asked if they could have just been made with rice instead, but it’s partly my fault as I did not ask. Fella enjoyed them though.

We also ordered prawn saganaki (yum) and feta warmed in the oven - this dish was so incredible that I’ve taken to making it at home!

Even though we were pretty full after our meze, fella still had room in his ‘dessert stomach’...but before we could order we were brought a big plate of fresh fruit with ice cream, and a small plate with two sweet pastries! But wait...after we had (somehow!) managed to finish this...another small plate was given with a mini brownie and cream!!! Also included was a small bottle of ouzo! Very very generous!

We had a lovely experience of this family run taverna - all of the staff are really lovely and the food is good value! I was so full I almost had to roll back to the hotel...

1  Thank AmyLou_2112
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

traditional restaurant . very Friendly staff. delicious food for a good prize
A must do in chersonissos

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wow! We arrived to create at the moment and in quick search on trip advisor we found this restaurant, super recommended!