Having spent ages looking at various websites for a package holiday we finally settled on this one through lastminute.com. Despite getting off to a bad start as lastminute failed to pass on the baggage booking with Aegean (we paid £38 for two bags and then had to pay another £80 for the same bags at the airport) we arrived in at Heraklion airpoirt. Lovely taxi driver drove us to the Creta Maris for 30 euros (although 40 is apparently the going rate) who told us we would be staying at the best hotel in Hersonissos. We didn't go into the town as we had everything we needed at the hotel and the rest of Hersonissos looked pretty unappealing.
Our welcome was fantastic; all the staff were friendly and helpful. We shared a lovely twin bedroom, with equally lovely bathroom. We were so impressed with the food too. It was our first time at an all inclusive and I was a bit sad not to have gone an experienced food at local tavernas but having paid for food and drinks already it seemed silly. However, we weren't too bothered as the selection and quality of food at the hotel was remarkable, and the service was also great. The service at the bars was also great.
The private beach is beautiful and the pools were all lovely. April was a bit early to visit Crete though. We expected the sea to be cold but the pools were also freezing and I'm not normally a woss. When the sun was shining it was pretty hot but as soon as the sun went behind a cloud everyone wrapped up in towels and put their coats on.
As we are two young women perhaps we should have gone out somewhere for entertainment; I'm told the beach bar called New York in Hersonissos is good. We tried the entertainment at the hotel but perhaps as it was the beginning of the tourist season they didn't appear to have much prepared - we turned up for a 'Lord of the Dance' evening and spent a large amount of it watching the staff and children do Zumba.... Lots of families were enjoying themselves though.
Thoroughly recommend this hotel. I'd definitely go back. Will hope for a full evening of Ben as Michael Flatley next time though and I'll take a swimming hat for pool warmth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Creta Maris Beach Resort in Crete, just 24 km from the Heraklion International Airport is close to Hersonissos, a long sweeping bay of sandy beach and crystal clear water. Creta Maris, a small village with quaint twisting paths, small piazzas filled with the scents and colors of a wide variety of trees and flowers, is a unique combination of Aegean Architecture, Cretan hospitality, green oriented environment, and high quality All Inclusive services. At Creta Maris, the choices for fun, entertainment, sport activities, but also relaxation, exercising and beauty are endless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Creta Maris Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creta Maris Convention And Golf Resort
- Creta Maris Convention & Golf Hotel Chersonisos
- Creta Maris Convention Hotel
- Creta Maris Hotel
- Creta Maris Convention Hersonissos
- Hotel Creta Maris
- Creta Maris Beach Resort Crete, Greece