I have just returned home yesterday from Crete after a wonderful week long at the Creta Maris! This was our first holiday together as a couple and we thoroughly enjoyed every aspect - from the welcome to the departure, everything was just perfect.
We chose to stay in a bungalow (Room 6507) which was situated right by 1/6 pools, taking us a matter of seconds to walk to the beautiful sunshine. Everywhere on the resort took us only a matter of minutes to get to. Our room was ideal (for all the amount of time we spent in it) with shower/bath, hair dryer, fridge room enough to store multiple bottles of water (and fruit that we had taken from the buffet to eat at night!) , fabulous air conditioning and 2 single beds that had been pushed together. The room was cleaned and towels/sheets replenished everyday. We bumped into the cleaner almost everyday, who was very cheerful and happy to help with any problems with the room.
As a plain/fussy eater, food for me was going to be the main worry of the trip. However, I was happy to discover that the buffet provided plain food such as assortments of pasta, rice, chips, grilled chicken etc. all of which were very tasty. My other half was more adventurous and tried more of the Greek delicacies which he thoroughly enjoyed. Mealtimes quickly became one of the highlights of our day, often spending more an hour going up and down for more plates of food! The only slight problem I had was with the water- if you are from the UK it might taste a little funny. However, the resort has a mini market on site and you can purchase big bottles of Evian water and take it with you into the dining hall!
The resort is located at a 10 minute walk from a little touristy town which sells an assortment of souvenirs and nik-naks (Tip; go at nighttime- walking to it in the heat is unbearable!). A pleasant little activity to do if you find yourselves at a loose end during the night.
During our stay at the Creta Maris resort unfortunately we needed medical assistance on the morning of our penultimate day. Staff couldn't do enough for us, response time was very quick and management phoned to make sure everything was okay and the situation was under control. At 4 o'clock on the same day, we also were required to go to the medical office which was situated in the town which was a 10 minute walk away. Receptionists and Doctors there all speak very good and fluent English (as do all of the staff at the Creta Maris) and were very professional and quick. Do not be worried about having to seek medical assistance if you need it.
Our flight home was scheduled for 9.20pm (picked up at reception at 6) and check out is at 12 during the day, which meant that we had nowhere to go for 6 hours. However, there is a large room where you can store your suitcase(s) and a late stay room where there are shower and hair drying facilities that are free to use. This came in very handy! With regards to Heraklion airport- pay the extra few euro and get a "fast pass" to get through the airport a little quicker- standing outside in the heat waiting to get into the airport did not look like a fun activity. Once inside, the airport is very small.. Not much to do and very little seats with almost every flight being delayed by at least a half an hour. But well air conditioned nonetheless.
We thoroughly enjoyed our short stay at Creta Maris and hope to return in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Creta Maris Beach Resort in Crete, just 24 km from the Heraklion International Airport is close to Hersonissos, a long sweeping bay of sandy beach and crystal clear water. Creta Maris, a small village with quaint twisting paths, small piazzas filled with the scents and colors of a wide variety of trees and flowers, is a unique combination of Aegean Architecture, Cretan hospitality, green oriented environment, and high quality All Inclusive services. At Creta Maris, the choices for fun, entertainment, sport activities, but also relaxation, exercising and beauty are endless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Bookgreece.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Creta Maris Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creta Maris Convention & Golf Hotel Chersonisos
- Creta Maris Convention And Golf Resort
- Creta Maris Convention Hotel
- Creta Maris Hotel
- Creta Maris Convention Hersonissos
- Hotel Creta Maris
- Creta Maris Beach Resort Crete, Greece