This was our first time here and we would certainly go back. Most of the hotel is built around little white washed bungalows which is built to resemble a Greek village. Each bungalow had a small patio area which was great for sitting out and drying swimwear which was not on display for all to see. The rooms were a good size, clean and comfortable.
There were several restaurants to choose from and the 3 we tried were all very good. The quality of the food was excellent and although buffets can be a bit monotonous there were always new dishes and freshly cooked dishes from the chef. The waiting staff were all very friendly and efficient.
The main swimming pool was always very busy and impossible to get a sunbed, even though the hotel has a policy of no reservation, most beds were reserved by 7am. The pool over in the Terra building was not as busy, but you were not near the beach at this location.
The beach was mostly sandy, but shingly and pebbly at the waters edge. As the beach was not very wide, games and playing in the sand were not possible. It was just a beach for sunbathing. If you are looking for a great beach then this is not the right location for you.
One last comment, if you want to visit Knossos you can take a bus from outside the hotel to Heraklion for 3 Euro and then buy a ticket to Knossos for 2 Euro.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Creta Maris Beach Resort in Crete, just 24 km from the Heraklion International Airport is close to Hersonissos, a long sweeping bay of sandy beach and crystal clear water. Creta Maris, a small village with quaint twisting paths, small piazzas filled with the scents and colors of a wide variety of trees and flowers, is a unique combination of Aegean Architecture, Cretan hospitality, green oriented environment, and high quality All Inclusive services. At Creta Maris, the choices for fun, entertainment, sport activities, but also relaxation, exercising and beauty are endless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Creta Maris Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creta Maris Convention & Golf Hotel Chersonisos
- Creta Maris Convention And Golf Resort
- Creta Maris Convention Hotel
- Creta Maris Hotel
- Creta Maris Convention Hersonissos
- Hotel Creta Maris
- Creta Maris Beach Resort Crete, Greece