Just came back from a family vacation in Creta Maris (10 people, ages 2 to 75) - and we all had a wonderful time!
Before I complement the resort, one suggestion for improvement, which I hope someone from the hotel will read and take into consideration: How is it possible that in a hotel that offers so many pools and a big beach there is no place to hang wet swimsuits in the rooms? The result is that each guest improvise a solution, and usually hangs it on chairs outside... Creta Maris - you can do better!
In any other aspect - I have only good things to say
* The resort is very clean (rooms and public areas), rooms (and we had 3 different ones) were comfortable and well planned. The pools are all around the hotel, so there is always one not far from your room - but the beach might quite far, so one might one to check it before booking.
* Although the pools and the beach were packed with people - it was quiet and you could find a free bed
* Food - as others have already said - is not really good or tasty, but in all meals there was a big variety of offers, they were never short of anything and there was never a big line. i.e., you don't go to Creta Maris for the food, but you don't stay hungry.
* We tried 3 of the restaurants - italian, organic and greek - and they were much nicer then the big "basic" restaurant. Please note that it is necessary to book a place as early as possible (must say - I think many guests reserve a place and just don't show up - because it is free anyhow, so the restaurants are fully booked, but are not full at all, which is a pity because other guests could enjoy the place!).
* The reception people were always eager to help and very nice!
So, if you're planning to go there - Have fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Creta Maris Beach Resort in Crete, just 24 km from the Heraklion International Airport is close to Hersonissos, a long sweeping bay of sandy beach and crystal clear water. Creta Maris, a small village with quaint twisting paths, small piazzas filled with the scents and colors of a wide variety of trees and flowers, is a unique combination of Aegean Architecture, Cretan hospitality, green oriented environment, and high quality All Inclusive services. At Creta Maris, the choices for fun, entertainment, sport activities, but also relaxation, exercising and beauty are endless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Creta Maris Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creta Maris Convention And Golf Resort
- Creta Maris Convention & Golf Hotel Chersonisos
- Creta Maris Convention Hotel
- Creta Maris Hotel
- Creta Maris Convention Hersonissos
- Hotel Creta Maris
- Creta Maris Beach Resort Crete, Greece