Overall we had a good experience. We were there for 4 nights with 5 of us. 3 in one room, 2 in the other.
Separate climate control/air conditioning in the 2 rooms. Let my brother keep his warm and ours very cold.
Nice view of ocean and mountains.
Most of the hotel was recently renovated, but some of the old section across the street remains, if you are put over there, the experience might not be as good.
Overall good buffet (and I generally don't go for buffet) with lots of options.
Rooms cleaned daily
Reasonably quiet at night, short walk to nightlife.
Nice welcome snack as we arrived around midnight.
Not near any sand beach. Its right on the ocean, but its rocky. If you want a sand beach its about a 10 minute walk to a nice sand beach.
Prompt clearning of food at end of meal times. You show up 5 minutes before the end, and you are likely to have to search for cups, silverware, and sometimes food as they stop putting anything new out (including settings) near the end.
When rooms serviced, it appears they don't look at the soap/shower gel levels. We were out one day (3 of us in the room) despite seeing their jugs to fill it right next to the room. Had to call on 2 separate days to have them fill it since it wasn't done.
Also if you go when the hotel has a lot of people, if you don't lay a towel out before 8AM, you won't have a chair anywhere until 4PM. Thats more a reflection of courtesy of people than the hotel, as we routintely would see the same towels sitting all day with nobody at the chair for hours.
Mixed experience with service, some very friendly, others curt and not helpful. May be from dealing with us tourists, but at the same time, that is how they are able to operate, tourist revenue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At a distance of just half an hour from the Heraklion,at the outsckirts of Hersonissos Silva Beach Hotel operates as an all-inclusive resort hotel, where one can choose from a plethora of activities or if otherwise inclined just relax on the beach or around the pool. The Hotel was renovated during winter 2010. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Silva Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Silva Beach Hotel Chersonisos
- Aquis Silva Beach Hersonissos
- Aquis Silva Beach Hotel Hersonissos
- Silva Maris
- Silva Beach Crete, Greece