Albatros Spa Resort Hotel
Amazones Village Suites(Piskopiano)(Great Value!)
US$44
Hotels.com
US$144
US$140
  • Breakfast included
Serita Beach Hotel(Anissaras)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$87
roomertravel.com
  • Breakfast included
Hersonissos Maris Hotel and Suites(Hersonissos)(Great Value!)
US$74
1,067 results
All reviewssuperior roomolder partstandard rooms arehalf boardbreakfast and dinnerlovely hotelpool areagreek nightair consea viewbars and restaurantsevery member of staffcleaning staffsmall fridgecleaned every daythe main stripplenty of sunbeds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We spent in Albatros a week during July (two families with kids). The hotel is not so big yet very satisfying, divided into two parts (good to stay in the newer one - we did). The place is located 50 m from the beach and 8 minutes walk from the street of bars, restaurants and clubs with all-night-long partying. This was perfect and let us spend days with kids and nights with music at the club (what's important, the hotel itself was quite quiet).
The service level at the hotel was high, the staff were friendly and very helpful. We really appreciated all the efforts and assistance we received, special thanks to bartenders for all that late drinks and so on ;)
And - last but not least - I am personally very grateful for sending me back to Poland my lost glasses - I was quite certain they were lost forever. Thank you!

Well... worth going back next year. There's so much to see in Crete.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Pawel W
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Spent 5 nights in this hotel. We stayed in the new wing and we had a view of the ocean and of one of the pools.The location is great only a couple of minutes from the beach and about 10 minutes to all the stores. 5 minutes to a great bakery that is opened 24 hours. Very easy to take a city bus if you wish to do some visits on your own which will cost half of the price ie: Knossos. The buffet was great really a lot of choice. The service excellent. The staff is always smiling. It is a great place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Carole0072013
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Just back after spending 2 weeks in this lovely hotel (sep2013) would def recommend, we stayed in superior room and paid extra for sunbeds on balcony which was really good(room 370) had sun most of the day. Def would go superior as older part of hotel not so nice. Although I could not comment on the rooms as I never seen them but did hear few complaints. Superior rooms excellent...staff fantastic, nothing a bother too them, food was lovely, no problem getting tables at meal times like other hotels, rooms cleaned everyday, we ate out quite a few evenings would highly recommend el camino, Italian and starlight on waterfront... We had a great holiday

Room Tip: Room 370 has sunbeds on your balcony and gets the sun most of day
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie A
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed at the hotel during September 2013. We booked a room in the new wing and got one facing the sea and the beach, which is only a minute (by foot) from the hotel. The room was nice, not too big but not too small, with a balcony. It was clean and cleaned again every day (from all the sand that got into the room). Food - the buffet breakfast and dinner (we stayed on half board) are good (selection of meat, sides and fruits) but with only small variations every day. Most pity was the feta cheese that was somewhat bland, and the drinks at the dinner are not included.

On some nights there was music and dancing near the pool (greek night was nice). However sometime it lasts until 11pm and can be heard loudly even in the rooms at the back.

The best thing about the hotel is definitely the staff which was always helpful, both during the reservation and at the hotel.

The beach - the hotel is literally 1 minute walk from the beach and the promenade, but other cities might have better beaches. Many of the hotel guests stayed near the pool though.

I would recommend this hotel, with as other reviews suggest - stay in the new buildings.

Room Tip: Some rooms face the pool and can be more noisy before 11pm on some days.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank traveller34540
Reviewed 6 September 2013

My friend and I have just come back from a two week holiday and thought I will tell everyone what I thought off the place and the hotel.

Hotel
There is a old building and new building. The old one is where we stayed and it is clean but very very small.It is not modern at all and is slightly dated. We didn't spend any time in our room except for sleep so the size didn't bother us. Our balcony over looked a massive tree, so not the best view in the world, if the tree wasn't there then the room would over look the pool. For us all we cared about was the room was clean and we had clean towels. 5/5 for cleanines

Breakfast/Dinner
The breafast wasn't the best but there was a lot of options. Different types of ham/chese/cake/eggs cooked serveral ways/fruit. I had toast everyday as the eggs were over cooked and needed a lot more salt. 3/5 depends on taste and what you like.
Dinner again buffet style food, lots of veg/meats/salad and great desserts. No complaints on dinner or lunch. 5/5 as there is something for everyone.

The hotel does have entertainment in the evening. We went out everynight so cant comment if its good or not. There is also two bars which are reasonbly priced and plenty off seating.

The hotel on the second to last night said we needed to move rooms and put us in a suite. Oh my this room was amazing and if you can afford to pay the extra I would. The room is 3x bigger then the old building the balcony was massive and has sun lounges in it. The bathroom had a bath big enough for two people. Thew view over the sea was breath taking and I am so glad we were able to see what the new building is like.

Trips to do
The hotel is a short walk (10mins) to the Harbor where they have boat trips. Glass bottom boats and a day boat trip. We went ont the boat trip 12.00-16.00 and it takes you to sissi,malia,stalis and a cove to see some fish. There are different types off boats that do this trip all priced the same 20 euros. Now the sea is so rough and I am not lying. if you have a week stomach do NOT go on this trip. I was on it for 1 hour and had to get off as I felt so sick and I was sick.

Again at the harbour they have a train ride which takes you all over the place and to the old part of the town. Cost 10 euros and is two hours. You can get off and on when ever you like. We got off at the old town and had lunch out and then got back on in a hours time.

I wouldn't take taxis and just use the busses. They take you every where and are cheap Stallis-Hersoniss is 1.80 euros and Hersoniss-Iraklion(capital) 3.00 euros. Iraklion-knossos 1.50 euros This is one way and have a/c

The is also a aquarium 20 mins walk away which cost 6 euros, you get to see the local fish and hold the reptails. If you pay once you can go as many times as you like. Run by a english man who been in crete for 20 years. They re home any animal.

Trip to Knossos to see the ruins. I wouldnt pay a tour guid and instead jump on a bus and make your way there. Its 6 euros to get in, They are trying to restore the palce but and some off the rooms still have old painting and pillers in them. Ok day out but as its out doors it is very hot.

Lot off the souviners in crete are inported. The blue opal stone is not from crete and is from Australia, every shop is selling it and some can be very expensive. All the shops sells the same stuff even in the captial. The captial is good to take a look at, slightly more clothes shops but very expesnive. In the tourist books will tell you about fountains that are from the roman times. These have not been taken care off and are surrounded by cafes. They also dont work and look very negleted this is the same with all off them.

The strip is very lively and the men out side will harras you to come into there bar. If you want a quite evening go to hooks which is at the end off the strip run by a english family. They also have under cut the other pubs on the drinks. Cocktails are normally 6-8 euros in this bar they are 3-5 euros and are made with inported spirts. Vodka is smirnoff and not a cheap brand. You sit down on your swinging chair and watch the sun go down, Its very peaceful, the boys (Nico and Harry) ate very sweet and have a chat to you and ask about your holiday.

Overal was a very good holiday and I hope the information I gave you will help you with your holiday and what to do.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends