“Nana beach hotel”

Ranked #13 of 174 Hotels in Hersonissos
Ellesmere, United Kingdom
“Nana beach hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

My 11 year old son said this was also the best holiday every, and I can totally agree, the staff were very chatty and lovely, the hotel was very very clean, the rooms are kept beautiful, with great smiling staff.
The animation team were totally amazing and very very funny.
The food was great,
The swimming pools were very very clean, there is lots to do as my husband and son sure enjoyed the pedlos and snorkelling in the sea.
One thing is for sure is that we will be returning x

Room Tip: We had a sea view room and it really really nice xx
2 Thank jayne40_12
NanaBeach H, Manager at Nana Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 7 September 2014
Dear Jayne,

Thank you very much for choosing Nana Beach and for sharing your experiences with other travellers. We hope you had a safe trip home.

We are delighted to see, how much you enjoyed your well deserved holidays. Your kind words for the whole team are a bis motivation to continue giving just the best for our guests.

It was a big pleasure to welcome you and we hope to see you again soon!

Nana Beach Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
S.Wales, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

We stayed here during sept 13 for two weeks. Traveled with my husband and two children and my husbands parents.
There are five fantastic pools with snack bars and resort lays right on the beach.
Staff are friendly and made a big effort with the children to make them feel welcome.
The restaurants are fab and best all inclusive I've seem. Lots of options and various different styles and even though I'm vegetarian I had lots to chose from. My husband is devoted to meat and he really liked the choices too.
The entertainment in the night isn't amazing but I don't really think it was intended to be and clearly a lot of effort had gone into producing it, it was always a laugh and children loved it. The entertainment staff were really enthusiastic and friendly.
The only thing which I would say was a drawback is that we could have been anywhere. It didn't feel 'Greek'. Such a lovely country but it wasn't embraced as much as I would have liked. Music playing at pools was generally dance music but would have been nice to be Greek music. That's the only criticism and it's a small one. I would have liked to feel like I was in Greece not 'anywhere'.

Stayed October 2013
Dear guests,

Thank you very much for coming to Nana Beach and for sharing your experiences with other travellers.

We are pleased to see, that also now, after nearly one year, you remember your well deserved holidays in such a good way.

It was a pleasure to welcome you and we hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

From the time we arrived to the time we left the holiday was wonderful. The staff were always polite and helpful. Our room was modern and spotless. The food was lovely and such a choice to please even the fussiest of eaters. The resort was immaculately kept and the pools were clean and clear. We had our 9 year old son with us and he didn't want to go into the kids club but I know if he had he would have enjoyed it as the activities looked good.
The Animation team were fun and the entertainment varied and professional. We had a great time and i would definitely go back. We booked with Thompson in Leigh on Sea and the staff their were friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. I rate Thompson/First Choice holidays as excellent and will not book with anyone else, from travel agent to flight crew to hotel reps, their consistency and professional approach was first class. Thank u.

Room Tip: Sea view is extra but worth it, however we had a garden view and as the grounds were so well kept th...
2 Thank Annie802
Dear Annie,

Thank you very much for making Nana Beach the hotel of your choice and for sharing your experiences with other travellers. We hope you had a safe trip home.

We are delighted to see, how much you enjoyed your well deserved holidays. Your kind words for the whole team are a high motivation to continue giving just the best to our guests.

It was a bis pleasure to welcome you and we hope to see you again, whenever you come back to Crete!

Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

This was our first visit to the Nana Beach. We stayed during early August for one week as a couple and travelled with Thomson.

The hotel complex is very large and laid out like a little town in the middle of a tropical paradise with varying styles of building/accommodation accessible via walkways. The plants are beautiful and varied, well worth just walking around the complex to see them. We stayed in a sea view apartment (825) opposite the rock platforms. It is all uphill from there to get back to the main complex so beware. The other thing to be aware of if you haven’t been to Crete before is the Cicada’s, they are very loud and screech all day long.
The apartment we had can be summed up as basic but comfortable. The room was clean and cleaned very well every day, the bed was comfy and the air conditioning worked properly, as did the shower. Watch out for the Greek “toilet paper in the bin” thing though :-)

Food was quite good, we have done a few all inclusive trips and found that the buffet restaurant did vary what we ate more than we have experienced in the past. There was also a free trip to one of the three a la carte restaurants, my advice is to book early, we wanted to go to the Italian one, but it was fully booked until after we left! We ate at the fish one “Posiedon” which was lovely, watch out for the chef though, she’ll come around to your table after your meal with a bottle of Raki. The other thing to watch for is breakfast. We are lucky to be early risers. Those arriving at the main restaurant after 9am were queuing to get in.

The service from the staff at the hotel was superb. We were taken by golf cart down to our apartment which was a nice touch and as it was my wife’s 50th Birthday, they had arranged for a bottle of bubbly to be in the room when we arrived. The restaurant staff work tirelessly and efficiently to keep the place clean and serve people and were always smiling (special shout out to Irini who worked her socks off whilst we were there). The bar areas were often quite busy, but the guys were very quick serving especially at the Panorama bar. Yammas Georgious.

The entertainment was mixed in our opinion. The Greek dance evenings were very entertaining, but I’d avoid the animation team’s showcases if I were you. We went to the Mama Mia one and the Grease one, both were lip synched, some of the crew couldn’t remember the dance moves and apart from those with the main lead roles, the rest look decidedly bored. We have seen much better entertainment than this at other resorts where acts are hired for the night rather than relying on the on site crew.

We hired a car for a day. There is a hire car company on site, it’s not expensive and made for a great day out, the lady at the desk recommended places for us to visit and spent time explaining how to get to them on the map which was a nice touch. We picked up the car at 10am, drove to Plaka, took the ferry over to Spinalonga, drove all the way back the other way to Heraklion to visit Knossos and were back at the hotel by about 6pm. Well recommended and about the quarter of the price of the accompanied tours.

There is the usual “reserving towels” going on. One day I saw an English lady lay out towels on four beds on the rock platforms, walk away and by the time I left two hours later, she still hadn’t returned. It isn’t necessary to do this, the resort definitely had more sunbeds than residents and there were always beds free all day long. We chose to sit by the adults only pool. Its quiet (no background music) and because the resort is family friendly, this pool wasn’t very busy either. We also spent time on the beach, and found that the part around by the watersports complex was less crowded.

I agree with other reviews, we shouldn’t have had to pay extra for the key to the safe, I’ve had to pay a deposit in the past, but have always got the money back!

I don’t agree with others assessment of the wifi. Ok, so yes it probably should be free in this day and age, but we didn’t find many places that had an open free network in Crete. It isn’t expensive. We paid 5 euros for 90 mins and as long as you use it just to stay in touch and for essential surfing (and properly switch it off afterwards) it’s sufficient....And, it does work, but you need to be persistent. I was using a Samsung Galaxy Tablet, and my wife had her Iphone 4. The Samsung worked in most places (even down by our waterfront apartment, the Iphone didn't). However, we did check out the best place to get a decent connection and it’s the panorama bar in the main complex, this was strong enough even to be able to facetime. There are nice comfy sofas and chairs and you can sit there and surf all day long if that takes your fancy!

All in all, this is a really lovely place to spend a holiday, we would thoroughly recommend it and will go back.

Room Tip: Room numbers indicate where in the resort your apartment is situated. The apartments with sea view...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mark H
Dear Mark,

Thank you very much for coming to Nana Beach and for sharing your experiences with other travellers in such a nice and detailled way. Wo hope you had a good flight home.

It is very nice to see, how much you enjoyed your well deserved holidays in our "Cretan village". Your kind words for our whole team are a high motivation to continue giving just the best for our guests.

It was a big pleasure to welcome you and we hope to see you again, whenever you come back to Crete!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

I was really enjoying Nana Beach, because I was every day at the teens club! We did fun games, had the best animators Amir and Alina, and it was the best thing in the hotel. Thanks guys for the great holiday!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Fabthedutchone
Dear guest,

We are delighted to see, how much you enjoyed your well deserved holidays and especially the teens club. Your kind words for the whole team are a high motivation to continue giving just the best to our guests.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

Just returned from our second visit to Nana Beach and again not a single disappointment. As returning guests we were automatically given free membership to Hotel Nana which offers small but meaningful benefits such as wine a fruit basket in the room and a choice of room on next booking (within reason)

Perhaps a more pricey resort, but you are paying for the high star rating and it is certainly worth every penny/ cent!

Clientèle included families (small and large) and couples (Honeymoon service available)

Firstly let me mention the incredible Animation (entertainment) team who go above and beyond to ensure you are having a great time. (even if you aren't one of those familys' who are involved in everything like ourselves, they ensure you are OK) A great international kids club from 'tots to teens' with a fresh daily itinerary.Also activities for adults such as darts and a a daily fitness schedule which you can dip in and out of as you please including classes like Aquafit, Zumba, Volleyball, Walking and many more.

Dining was a fantastic experience. With a choice of two buffet restaurants to go to for breakfast and dinner, 3 a la carte restaurants (Italian, Greek and Fish themed), 2 snack bars serving lunch buffet and a midnight snack bar and a panoramic bar open till 1am- you were left spoilt for choice. The food was of very good quality, huge range catering for all tastes from good old chips, to local Crecian foods.

The staff were all extremely friendly and would help as much as they could.

Our room was very clean and suited our needs... one slight downer was that we travelled as a mother and her two older children (ages 15 and 24) and despite mentioning this as booking through the travel agent we were given a room with a double bed and a single bed. fortunately the bed was big enough to divide using spare pillows, and I'm sure if it has bothered us reception would have relocated us.. (but we are British, don't like to moan, we were only there for one week, kinda liked where our room was, and couldn't be bothered to deal with the hassle so we left it!)

If you get bored of the hotel (impossible), there is plenty of history on the island ranging from the Island of Spinalonga, and the Minoan Palace of Knossos. Locally a small archaeological site just outside of Malia is accessible by land train which runs past the hotel. Alternatively the club central of Malia is just down the road if 18-30's is more your thing!

In summary a very highly recommended hotel :)

4 Thank Trishthefishinadish
Dear guests,

Thank you very much returning to Nana Beach and for sharing your experiences with other travellers. We hope you had a smooth trip home.

We are delighted to see, how much you enjoyed your well deserved holidays in our "Cretan village". Your kind words for the whole team are a high motivation to continue giving just the best to our guests.

Oswestry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

Had a wonderful time during my stay at the Hotel Nana Beach. This hotel was enthusiastically recommended to me by my brother and father, who had been 2 years prior to my stay. I'm glad i took their recommendation as my family and i had a wonderful time. The hotel complex does not disappoint. It is large, well laid out and clean. The food is excellent, offering not just traditional Greek foods, but other tastes from around parts of Europe. Good WiFi all around the complex with decent speeds. Rooms are very clean and of a decent size. Two children's club sessions are available during the day, lasting 2 1/2 hours per session. Just enough time for the parents to enjoy other activities. The children's club is run by the excellent international animation team, a group of multilingual, multi-skilled and very energetic youths that seemed to earn the adoration of the children that they minded. This same group of highly motivated youths provide some of the hotels evening entertainment, which my two children enjoyed very much.

What makes this Hotel so good though is the staff. Top marks and hats off to all the staff at Hotel Nana Beach. I would recommend this Hotel based on the staff alone, because they made our stay all the more special. Always on hand, always happy to please and go further than required to make the guests comfortable. We had on many occasions enjoyed the generosity received by the staff.
A personal thank you from my family and i to all the staff at Hotel Nana Beach. Thank you.

Would i go again to Hotel Nana Beach? Yes!

Room Tip: Rooms by the sea front or not round the main pool and main dining area are quieter. Not so much peop...
2 Thank M F

Nana Beach Hotel Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hersonissos
Creta Maris Beach Resort
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,955 reviews
Star Beach Village & Water Park
Star Beach Village & Water Park
#28 of 174 in Hersonissos

Been to Nana Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!