Me and my girlfriend spent a week here at the start of May, and had a very nice week. We were greeted warmly at reception when we eventually got there (it's situated above Hersonissos so you are the last drop off on the coach if you are going with Thomson). We were shown to our room, which was adequate with two beds, a bathroom and a small kitchen area. When we booked, we knew we were going out of season, and knowing that the sun isnt always shining, I'm amazed to see reviews on here criticising the warmth of the water. All of Greece and its islands use solar panels so if the sun isn't out and it rains, dont expect hot water! This is the same with all hotels on the islands and something which has never bothered me, but annoys me to see when people slate a hotel for not making their water warmer (like they have control over the weather on your holiday?!).
Moving onto the grounds; there are two swimming pools which are both ample sizes, a ping pong table, waterslides, tennis court and a pool table, all of which can be played whenever you feel like. The bar is well stocked, with Eric being an exceptionally nice guy who is more than accomdating should you have any questions regarding your holiday. The restuarant food is fine, though you may find the more local tavernas in the neighbouring villages are slightly better priced and have a much more traditional greek feel to them. The walk up to them is easy, but may require a torch if you come back after sunset due to a lack of streetlights.
Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our trip here and will be back if we ever decided to go to crete again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bellos Hotel & Apartments is located in a prime position in Hersonissos Village of Crete. This 3 Star Hotel makes a great base for everyone with 72 rooms in two different types split between five blocks for all your needs. The resort operates more than 25 years in the Greek touristic industry. Bellos Hotel has the main advantage of its reputation for incomparable hospitality and warm, friendly service to all its guests. The hotel stands successfully compatible to meet all guests’ satisfaction, to create a promising, ideal and impeccable environment, a hospitable, attentive service and a relaxed, memorable holiday. From the first moment in the hotel, it is proven that it is the perfect choice for holidays in Crete. Just a 15-minute walk from Hersonissos Beach and 10-minute walk from Hersonissos center, Bellos Hotel offers many facilities such as water slides, football and tennis court. The hotel is only a 10-minute walk from scenic Piskopiano village that has taverns and shops with local products. The Resort is reserved to integrate into the town’s natural environment and combines the relaxation offered by the lush vegetation that is surrounded by, the unique sea and mountain view and in addition, the excitement to cruise along the numerous shops and bars, the glittering night life and the beaches. On the top floor of the main building, Bellos Hotel has its Restaurant with Cretan and Mediterranean cuisine for a delightful gastronomic journey. In addition, operates in Self-Catering, Bed & Breakfast and Half Board (Breakfast & Dinner) base. Breakfast with delicacies is served daily. Guests can enjoy drinks, cocktails and snacks from the pool bar around the two swimming pools and the sun terrace. An on-site shop stocks a good selection of everyday products and gifts. One unique experience in Bellos Hotel is the Barbeque night which occurs once every week with Greek music, Greek dancers and plenty food choices. To complete the fun, many other events also happen in the hotel every week such as Karaoke night, Quiz night and Cocktail night. Guests at Bellos Hotel have many wellness options such as a well-equipped gym, a sauna and a steam bath. A playground and two children’s pools are available for younger guests. The resort has also billiards, darts, board games and table tennis. Free Wi-Fi access is offered in public areas and free private parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Lastminute, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bellos Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellos Apartments Hersonissos
- Bellos Apartments Hotel
- Bellos Hotel Apartments Crete, Greece