“Basic hotel Evelyn beach”
Review of Evelyn Beach Hotel

Evelyn Beach Hotel
Ranked #105 of 171 Hotels in Hersonissos
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Basic hotel Evelyn beach”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Basic hotel and furnishings may have been 4* at some point in its life but possibly a 3* now. Very limited on all inclusive drinks. Charged for sun beds 3€ each & 2€ for sun shade, very. Little space on the beach you had to put your towels out early to get a bed. Also charged for WIFI. Room very basic air conditioning not good. However food was good and plenty of it. Reception staff friendly. Waitress worked hard, as did the cleaners hotel very clean which is always a plus.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Carolynn159

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

the hotel was suppose to be 4* but was more like 2*+, therefore we expected that as it is Greece. the window looked at the other balcony, no view at all (boxed?) , balcony doors were broken, anyone could have climbed in. Save 2Eu per day. Conditioning for free as it is season. Some reception staff were not helpful but the bar and restaurant staff were very friendly and gave advices. We have arrived next morning even the night before was booked, so on the day to leave (next night), after check out at 12 we could have still used restaurant and bar for free up till leaving at midnight.
no swimming pool, small beech across the small path. Half shingle-sand. charge for sunbeds.
The location was quite good, cantered, nightlife and shopping few minutes by walk. Bus stops to reach the whole island.

Room Tip: pay for see view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Dali B
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel was awful. We booked this hotel wanting an all inclusive experience, and got nothing of that. The hotel does have a sea view however you have to pay for everything even being all inclusive. You pay for internet, chairs on the beach, there is no luxury what so ever. The food has awkward times that it is served. All inclusive drinks do not start until 11am so if you do not make it to breakfast you get not drinks until then. The food was okay, nothing to brag about, the air-conditioning does not work. We tried to ask them to fix ours and they said the air is only turned on at certain times of the day, and only with your key card so the room never cools off.

I could keep complaining, but I hope by now you get the idea. I am one to keep an open mind but after what we paid for this hotel, I am very sad I spent my money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank Hannah R

Travellers are raving about these Hersonissos hotels

Ireland
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Read some of the reviews after I had booked this hotel and I was very apprehensive. However, having just returned, I would have to say that my experience of this hotel was fantastic. From the moment we arrived the staff were extremely helpful and professional. My group had 2 rooms on the ground floor and while, the rooms were basic they had all facilities required and were immaculately cleaned ever day, at a time that suited us. The only small issue that was noted by my group was the TV and channels, but in my opinion who goes to an island like Crete to watch TV!
We were on an all inclusive basis, and I could not fault the food. I think the hotel does their best to cater for all tastes, with an excellent variety, the salads in particular were of exceptional quality. Thankfully, for my children there was a pasta option every day, there was normally, 2 types of meat, and plenty of vegetables. Granted this is not the place to go all inclusive if all you want is 'British or American' food, but you are in Greece! The catering staff were also brilliant, especially considering the long hours they seem to be running around looking after the customers every need.
The all inclusive drinks menu is limited, but sufficient.
Nearly forgot the location - amazing! In the resort centre but no external noise. Eating breakfast while looking out at the blue skies and the Mediterranean, what more can I say!

Overall I would recommend this hotel for an enjoyable holiday in Crete!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank adecca
Reviewed 16 June 2014

my party stayed in two rooms, from the moment we walked in, it went wrong. I asked if our rooms had ocean view, I got a "you didn't pay for ocean view" The rooms were clean, but the AC did not work. walked down to the front desk and informed them of that, there was an older lady there, possibly the owner, since she was barking orders to everyone, she insulted me by saying, did you turn it on? the girl at the desk made a note for the technical crew to come look at it. we went out and came back, I asked the girl if they checked the AC, she said yes. we went to sleep and around 3:00 AM started sweating. Come to find out, THEY, turn the AC on at 10:00 PM and turn it off at 3:00 AM. The rooms were clean, but looking at another building and someone else's laundry hanging. The staff were friendly. The food was ok at best, but get there early or you don't get much. There is no pool and no beach the little strip of water is full of rocks.

Room Tip: Don't go.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Thanasis T
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

room clean and tidy,staff very friendly and helpful.
all inclusive big joke,food poor no choice and not much to eat ate out everyday
no pool no entertainment beach a joke full of rocks dangerous to swim

Room Tip: go elsewhere very disapointed
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
13 Thank basser47
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We're do we start. Totally disappointed arrived at 1 40 am after long flight delays needed a drink only to be charged for bottle of water. No food available put in room like cell block h woke up for breakfast only to be disappointed by lack of selection we payed for all inclusive but had to eat out each day. Definitely not a 4 star maybe 2 star.had to pay for the sun loungers and parasols every day at a cost of 8 erous pool not next door but a good walk away also payable to obtain wi fi also charged 10 euros.if you are English this is not the place to stay as they cater mainly for german and Russian's food horrendous not signed to say what it was family run hotel on a shoestring will never go back here again this is an honest description of what I can only say is a awful hotel

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Brian D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hersonissos
Semiramis Village
#40 of 58 in Heraklion
Diogenis Blue Palace
Diogenis Blue Palace
#19 of 36 in Kato Gouves

Been to Evelyn Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!