“returning to old friends”
Review of Minas Apartments

Minas Apartments
Ranked #52 of 171 Hotels in Hersonissos
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
“returning to old friends”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We have been going to Minas Apt, on and off, for 15 years and at least once a year for the last 10 years. When I retired I decided to see the world and went to Minas as a rest between our travels. Problem is now I prefer Minas to the rest to the rest of the world. There is nowhere that makes you more welcome than Minas. The family always go that extra mile to make your stay an enjoyable one.
Some of the best tavernas are near by (Mythos Restaurant a must for a visit) and after we have eaten most guests migrate back to the bar at Minas where the tables end up pushed together and we finish the day with a good old “chin wag” over a drink.
If you turn right on leaving Minas and keep going past the Creta Maris Hotel you soon reach a less commercialised area with some quieter beaches. If you like walking keep going and you are soon in the countryside. Julia the maid keeps the rooms spotlessly clean and greets you with a cheery smile each day. In other words a holiday Apartment to suit all tastes, the best.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Leeds
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Firstly a big thank you to Minas, Maria, Jenny and Stefan! What a lovely family, you made us feel at home and were fantastic hosts, i cannot thank you enough! Myself and 3 other mates stayed here for 8 nights, the location of these apartments was perfect! Near enough to the strip for a 3 minute stroll in, but still far enough so you can have a good nights sleep! I cannot recommend enough!!!

Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I went on holiday at the last minute with my daughters and their friends as this was the hotel they had chosen to stay in decided to join them. I could not have made a better choice, the apartments are ideally situated for all the attractions including Star Beach and the quieter beaches for those of us wanting a more peaceful holiday.
The apartments are simple and kept immaculately clean by Juliana the maid. But its is the family that own the apartments that make the experience of staying here so special, they make you so welcome it feels like your one of the family. From the moment we arrived to the sad departing they could not do enough for us. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.
Maria you need to practice your chess skills, Stefan you need to expand your CD collection and the wonderful Jenny you need to get some more guests to help you and Markella with your poker skills because I'll be back!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I felt I had to write review about the most excellent holiday I have just spent staying at Minas Apartments. I have been there a few times now and it never ceases to amaze me the lengths that Maria, Minas, Stephan and Jennie go to ensuring that their guests are comfortable and enjoying their holidays, nothing is too much trouble to them. These apartments are very sociable, it is very easy to make new friends at their little bar/café but equally if people wish to keep themselves to themselves, that is respected too. The week passed by very quickly indeed and I will definitely be going back soon to sample exceptional hospitality and reacquaint with old and new friends again

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Had a great stay here with my Family , treated great , and the service was amazing, really nice people and the prices were also great to, lots to do including a pool table, dart board and a swimming pool for when your bored and also the BBQ was superb !!!

Would defiantly recommend to anyone ! 5***

- Liam - Newcaslte

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Booked this holiday with my best friend after reading fantastic reviews and we certainly weren't disappointed! Maria and the family were incredibly friendly and were more than happy to help with anything we needed. The apartment we stayed in was spacious and clean, with a fantastic view of the pool and sea! Location of the apartments was brilliant, literally a 2 minute walk to the strip and beach/harbour, couldn't have asked for better. Although the pool is slightly on the small side, there was never an issue finding a sun lounger, something that did concern me prior to the trip but in actual fact it was fine. Also if you fancy going for cocktails, try Hooks on the right along the strip, really good value and you have a swing to sit on as a seat, very fun! Had a really lovely holiday and would definitely go back.

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I booked this hotel with my sister and her friends and my dad, we definitely weren't expecting such a fantastic holiday! We met some fantastic people and made some great friends, including the family who own the apartments. We spent a lot of time with Jenny especially and had so much fun, the family are lovely, the hotel was clean and the people were fantastic...
We couldn't have asked for a better holiday and would definitely like to go back to see everyone and meet up with our friends again!