“All Inclusive Not!”

Ranked #86 of 171 Hotels in Hersonissos
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
“All Inclusive Not!”
Reviewed 14 January 2011

We had to endure two weeks at the Porto Village. Online it looked quite nice and picturesque, which it is, to some extent. The buildings from the outside look very nice with pretty bourgainvillea everywhere. When we got there however we checked in and were quite excited. We were shown the direction of our room, which upon entry was not bad. However we were under the impression it was meant to be 5 Star!! This did not bother us as we are young but the room was a twin and we wanted a double. After humping our stuff back downstairs to reception we were given a double room. On entering that room all we could smell were drains and dampness, it was very dark and gloomy and the bathroom floor was wet. We asked if there was anything better but were told not until the morning, which was fine. That night whilst getting ready for dinner I was sitting on the toilet when I heard an electrical noise and all of a sudden the light bulb shattered and I was in darkness. My partner had to open the door for me as I could not find the toilet roll!! It turned out the shower from upstairs was leaking through the ceiling into the light fitting and onto the floor! I could have been electrocuted!! Which my partner thought was hilarious and we both laughed about how rubbish it was.
That night we went for the welcome night BBQ which turned out to be the best meal of the two weeks stay. The food was awful and sometimes inedible, and we are not fussy and like to try different things. On top of that the chef would constantly smoke in the kitchen whilst preparing the food!! Even the cereal in the morning was rubbish. The staff were rude especially on the bar and you were made to feel bad if you were All Inclusive. If you dared ask for a snack it consisted of one choice only which was curly ham and cheese in tiny rolls all leftover from the breakfast buffet.
We finally got an alright room, third time lucky! After a few days we just ate out every night at a delicious posh seafood reataurant on the seafront. We made the most of it and went sight seeing most days and quite enjoyed the holiday (A trip to Spinalonga is worthwhile), although it was a shame that it wasn't what we expected when we had spent our hard earned cash.
Would not go again and would certainly not recommend it!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
13 Thank cannywabs

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2010

it was very nice holidays ,nice weather,nice rooms, good food ,for sure we visit again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
6 Thank Emma_Lou23
Hersonissos, Greece
Reviewed 17 July 2010

amazing holiday, very nice rooms, nice pool area, good food, everything very nice...ll be back for sure...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank StratosKanas
essex
Reviewed 2 August 2006

This hotel was a shambles!!

My friend and I went on an all inclusive(!!??) holiday. Breakfast consited of sausage, eggs & bacon, every morning, not cooked properly and it was cold. Lunch was again not thoughly cooked and hardly any choice. Dinner again as lunch.

Drinks were fizzy drinks, larger or wine. Nothing more.

The rooms were totaly inadequte, the fridge was rusty, the lights did not work propery. When you took the key out of the power supply, the power did not go off. Resulting in a very near accident with the cooker (which I might add, I was charged 10e for, and was not my fault, but on departure, the hotel refused to call my taxi until I had paid!!)

The hotel was ridiculously noisey until around 6.30 in the morning, when you thought you might get some sleep, they started cleaning the pool at 7.30 and waking everyone up again!!

Durring my stay, in the swimming pool went, a sunlounger, a table, an umbrella and a dog! Think this is wrong? The staff didn't!! It happened day after day.

I can only advise people not to waste there money on visiting this hotel, as that is exactly what it was, a waste. Bearing in mind, I went away with my friend as 20 somethings, looking for pubbing, clubbibg etc, we didn't need luxury appartment, but this was a dump!!!

Stayed July 2006
7 Thank chardonay

Travellers are raving about these Hersonissos hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 May 2005

It's been a while since I've been in this hotel. It was my first flight ever, to Greece (Crete). We stayed in Porto Village apartments. The first apartment we got was very, very small and did not seem clean to us. After spending one extremely noisy night (because of the loud pool bar music) in this apartment (but it was more like a small studio!), we got back to the reception and asked for a bigger, more quiet one. We had to pay extra money to get one, so we did.

The second apartment was on the top floor of one of those buildings, and oh my god, no airco at all. It was horrible trying to fall asleep every night in this heat. Besides, there were some giant roaches in our room, not mentioning some spiders, red ants in the kitchen, a thousand legged creature in our bathroom and even a small lizard (but lizards are not a problem to me). But the pool, the outside colourful look of the buildings and quality of the beds was okay.

I would suggest an airconditioned, more luxury hotel or apartment because in my opinion this was not a real holiday to me.

• Stayed July 1999
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hersonissos
Club Lyda Hotel
#68 of 171 in Hersonissos
Hotel Oceanis
Hotel Oceanis
#7 of 7 in Anissaras

Been to Porto Village? Share your experiences!