This was our first holiday abroad for my fiancee and I. On arrival (11pm) there was music playing very loudly at the bar area and we had to wait a very long time to be served at reception because there was only one member of staff working.
The meals were very good, with a wide range of choice for everyone, however, we found that the staff in the resturaunt looked unhappy, were rude, and we felt fairly uncomfortable whilst trying to eat. We felt that we were being watched the whole time we were eating and when we tried to thank the staff for taking our plates away we were ignored.
Our room was very close to the beach (less that 1 min walk) which was handy as it meant we could go back to the room whenever we wanted. The pool was very large and great for swimming and having fun, however, the music played at the pool side was far too loud for anyone to be able to relax while sunbathing and so we had to spend most of our time at the beach.
The hotel was in a quiet location but as a result of this there were not many shops or entertainment within walking distance. We ended up hiring a scooter to get us in to the main town of Hersonissos and we would higlhy recommend doing the same if staying at this hotel.
The room was cleaned everyday to a very high standard and the cleaners were extremely friendly. The air conditioning in the room was not good and we struggled with the heat in the room for the first few days.
Overall the hotel was satisfactory but for the price we paid we would have expected something a little better, particularly the friendliness of the staff. We still had a great holiday and would recommend going to Watercity, a fantastic waterpark 30 mins drive from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The mythical realm of King Minos, blessed by the gods of the sun and the sea, is today as proud as a fortress and as welcoming as an embrace. It is also home to a sumptuous palace that makes an ideal destination for any family holiday. At the Knossos Royal Village, time moves at a different pace: in elegant and comfortable rooms with incomparable views, in the azure sea and crystal-clear pools, at superb sports facilities and matchless restaurants, the pleasure and relaxation never end. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your Aldemar Knossos Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldemar Knossos Royal Village Hotel Chersonisos
- Aldemar Knossos Royal Village Hersonissos
- Knossos Royal Village
- Aldemar Knossos Royal Crete, Greece