We arrived to the under stated reception not like any other 5 star we have ever arrived at -grand it IS NOT !!
The staff barely noticed we had just arrived off the coach.
But apologized as soon as they realized.
Room was ok but small and basic without a kettle or mini bar we are in room 1103- we had two single beds pushed together - not really a double - on an all inclusive basis. No shower hook - have to hold shower over our heads to wash.
No robes - but slippers were there.
Food is good but all in all the dining experience is lacking any class at all.
Beach restaurant was serving warm wine yesterday, offered us some ice to cool it but we felt like second class citizens - people that were on the next table to us we not all inclusive so as they had to pay,they were treated really well - cold beer plus cold wine all poured at table , staff very attentive to them also we had to eat off the buffet and people that are not all inclusive receive a menu ! Really not fair as we were dining here as an a la carte guest using one of our 3 weekly vouchers - if we are a la carte - aldermar you should treat us as such !
The pool bar shuts at 17:30 no good at the end of the day when it would be good to chill with a cold drink. The staff here are not the happiest pair of girls.
The pool around this area is cloudy and salt water - our 11 month old daughter made a few choice faces when realizing this.
The pool is green with Algae around the edges and could really benefit from cleaning each day or week - we never saw any cleaning the whole week of any pool area.
The main pool
This pool is a good size and appears cleaner than the other smaller pool just mentioned - it is very deep so great for diving in etc it also has a small shallow area of 1 metre deep - again this pool has same algae - I said to Sonya that I felt like cleaning it as it would not be that time consuming to do.
Sun beds all round this hotel are the cheap plastic non padded unless you have a villa - I guess that must be 6 star ? Some are whicker these are more available around pool bar area.
Again aldermar Not 5 star!
Seating is by way of plastic chairs and tables some rock around!!
The food is really good , very clean and loads of choice - self service but is good.
Hard to get a front seat with sea view and lovely breeze, but great if you time it right.
Twenty minute transfer from airport.
Ten minutes from main town where there are plenty of shops bars and restaraunt to choose from.
10 euros by taxi each way.
Evening entertainment etc.
The animation team put a show on each night in the amphitheater - we went last night and unfortunately went too late and had no seat - show was presented with loads of build up but each act was like a blink of an eye just so quick - that in between one act and another where it got frustrating trying to keep our daughter entertained.
We left after half an hour due to gaps in delivery plus no seating.
The only bar area in this hotel in the evening is soooo slow at serving - if you are lucky enough to find a seat and table ! We sat at one last night and were served at our table by the waiter - we could not get served our selves as we were told drinks would be brought over !!! we gave up and bought our own drinks from the shop and went back to our room early as service was so bad our waiter said he had so many tables to do and did apologies but over 30 minutes to get a drink is not good enough.
No wow factor in this hotel and we never felt valued at all - will never want to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The mythical realm of King Minos, blessed by the gods of the sun and the sea, is today as proud as a fortress and as welcoming as an embrace. It is also home to a sumptuous palace that makes an ideal destination for any family holiday. At the Knossos Royal Village, time moves at a different pace: in elegant and comfortable rooms with incomparable views, in the azure sea and crystal-clear pools, at superb sports facilities and matchless restaurants, the pleasure and relaxation never end. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aldemar Knossos Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldemar Knossos Royal Village Hotel Chersonisos
- Aldemar Knossos Royal Village Hersonissos
- Knossos Royal Village
- Aldemar Knossos Royal Crete, Greece