My wife and I had a fortnights stay in June at the Arminda and thoroughly enjoyed it.
The location is great. A 30 minute walk east gets you to Stallis and west to Hersonissos. You will be far enough away to avoid the clubbers but near enough for a pleasant walk.
The food was more than adequate for us, indeed a little too much choice at times. I like to try a bit of everything and by the end of the first week I was bloating badly.
Beware the sweets.....a fantastic selection.
The guy on the hot plate works his socks off with fresh pancakes and omlettes in the morning and chicken, pork and lamb at dinner.
Then there is the excellent all day snack bar. The selection there was excellent you have to try the 'Nuttella' in pancakes with ice cream. mmmnnn. There is always fresh trays coming in.
The beer is not the best but is OK, wines and pop are in ample supply as is Ouzo, Raiki and 'Metaxa'. But spoil yourself and pay for the odd cocktail. If you like chocolate try the 'Barman's Special'.
The staff from reception right through to waiting staff and maintenance are all hard working, friendly and courteous. Although First Choice messed up our special requests Eleni went over and above to help us and was wonderful.
The room was great, clean and well maintained and the much needed air con worked a treat. We slept very well on the firm beds.
The pools were cleaned daily and always looked inviting. The seating area by the snack bar was great with ample space.
Entertainment was OK but not Cretan. Bingo, karaoke etc. The Kids Club looked brilliant with lots of freebies.
We loved mixing with other nationalities and had chats with, German, Dutch, Czech, Austrian, Danish and others. Really friendly people seem to be attracted to Arminda.
There is one negative that you have to adapt to though........the stern faced, badmannered and unsmiling Russians!!! If you walk around and smile at people you will soon identify them, they look straight through you. In the restuarant you have to learn to not leave any gap in a queue or they will push in. Block them off at every opportunity and you will preserve your sanity. You will see them in the dining area.... they are the ones who never acknowledge the waiting staff when they clear the table whereas everyone else shows them due courtesy.
Do not let the Russians put you off though play them at their own game and you will get some satisfaction.
Make sure you go to the roof bar and watch the sun set.
We liked Arminda so much we are returning in the Autumn with two more family members.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 100 meters from the nearest beach, Arminda Hotel and Spa is an all-inclusive 4-star hotel located in Hersonissos, Crete. The complex features a variety of water elements: 3 large salt-water pools, 2 separate children's pools, a small water park as well as a splash area. The two types of rooms (double and family) are all equipped with A/C units, 32'' Flat-screen satellite TV, safe, kettle set, refrigerator and a balcony or terrace with pool, Cretan Sea or land views. Each private bathroom is equipped with a hairdryer and a bathtub or shower. Guests at Arminda can enjoy meals in buffet style, at the main restaurant. A variety of drinks and snacks are served at the pool-side Snack bar or at the Votsalo bar. Sport facilities includes tennis court, mini-golf courses, beach volley court, giant outdoor chess, billiards, table tennis as well as a renovated fitness room. A playground and a kids club is also provided for young guests. Massage, nail, face and body therapies, hamam, sauna and hydro massage tub are available at the SPA center, as well as an indoor Jacuzzi pool. Arminda Hotel and SPA is located 2 km from the center of Hersonissos center and 30 km from Heraklion Port. Nikos Kazantzakis International Airport is at 27 km. Free private parking is available at the premises of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., Lastminute, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Evoline ltd, Odigeo, Bookgreece.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arminda Hotel and SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arminda Hotel Hersonissos
- Arminda Hotel And SPA Crete, Greece