Arminda Hotel and SPA
US$231
US$217
  • Breakfast included
Creta Blue Suites(Koutouloufari)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$104
  • Breakfast included
Creta Maris Beach Resort(Hersonissos)
US$188
US$183
US$67
US$48
  • Pool
US$319
US$295
  • Breakfast included
Astra Village Apartments(Koutouloufari)(Great Value!)
US$88
TripAdvisor
Royal Belvedere(Hersonissos)
US$186
getaroom.com
All reviewssnack barkids clubnana beachall inclusive drinksgreat hotel for familieson tapanimation teamsaladnearest townspacious roomthe ground floorchildren's entertainmentmin walksalt waterpools are greatall inclusive dealvisited this hotel
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Hotel review

I stayed at the Arminda hotel for one week with my partner and two other couples. When we arrived we checked in straight away and was taken to our rooms. I'll break my review into separate subjects.

Room:
The room was clean and tidy when we first arrived and we was given a key to get in and out of our rooms. However, booking an 'all inclusive' holiday in a 4 star hotel you would expect a lot of the services to be free. We had to pay €10 for the safe and an extra €5 for a deposit, therefore in total paying €15 all together for the safe. I found this ridiculous. Once we had settled in and unpacked we had a read through the leaflet which was provided in our room, this told us the opening times of the snack bars, breakfast and dinner etc; on the leaflet it told us that our towels and bed sheets were only to be changed TWICE in ONE week, i couldn't believe this, I've never known a hotel not to change your towels everyday. If you did want to have new towels everyday you would have to request this at reception and pay an extra €10 plus a deposit of €10! Wi-if also needed to be purchase, despite stating on their website that their Wi-if is free, they expect you to pay €2 for an hour!! Complete extortion! There didn't ever seem to be enough hot water, once my partner had a shower before me for around 5 minutes I would have a shower after and there would only be mild warm water left. The only positive thing i can say is that the air con was in perfect condition and circulated enough cold air around the room.

Food/Drinks
Breakfast was from 7:45 until 9:45. Breakfast consisted of the same food everyday, this included, boiled eggs, chips, small chopped pieces of bacon, hot dog sausages, beans, bread, cereal and different forms of fruit. However, if you wanted toast you would have to wait a full 10 minutes to get access to the toaster, the hotel provided two toasters, 6 slots for bread, this was ridiculous as everyone would be waiting at least 5 minutes for every piece of toast they put in the toaster. Dinner was different every night, however they always had chicken or pork within the buffet and the snack bar which is open from 11:00 until 6pm contained only food made out of pastry! Everything was pastry apart from a few ham and cheese toasties (which you had to put in the toaster yourself). The only drinks that were all inclusive was beer (which was on a tap and very watered down), lemonade, coke, fanta, water and non fizzy drinks including orange juice, pineapple juice and apple juice. The rest of the drinks to had to pay for, this included all cocktails, other types of beer, wines and spirits (so much for all inclusive). I found all the glasses really dirty and when they had been 'washed' they would still have the smell of beer in them. I'm not fussy when it comes to hotels but the cleanliness of the glasses and plates were filthy, I found myself having to go through 5 glasses before I found one which was bearable to drink out of.

Entertainment
There isn't much entertainment, just a mini disco for the kids from 7pm which isn't in English and on some nights they have bingo and other forms of entertainment but we never went to any as they were all in different languages, mainly German. The minority of the people within the hotel is English and the majority are Russian, German and Dutch. The umbrellas near the pool are mainly all broken, the pieces of string and metal used to hold the umbrellas up are broken on most of the umbrellas, the pool is quite small and is really salty, it's practically like swimming in the ocean (the ocean is probably cleaner).

I wouldn't stay in this hotel again if I'm honest, it doesn't match up to its 4 star service which is claims, it's more of a 3 star hotel and for the only you pay you would expect better quality drinks, food and better room service, including free Wi-if and towels changed everyday. The cleanliness of the plates and glasses put me off and made me feel sick. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to any friends or family.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlotte S
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I was two weeks in Arminda
Delicious food - compliments to the chef :)
Clean room - greetings to the cleaners :)
Roof bar , best cocktails - greetings to the bartender :)
Entertainment - greetings to Animators :)
Snack bar , best icecoffee and cocktails - greetings to the bartender :)
Nice staff , proffesional service - greetings :)
Only beach , please do something with this :)
I WILL BE BACK ;)

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Lesze
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Hey, just want to share my stunning two weeks in Arminda&spa. To be honest it was best holidays i ever had!!! Wish to go again!!! Hotel destination is in perfect place, just 5min away from the beach, 15-20mins away from town which is perfect because its not too loud in evenings, but i you feel like for party its not far away! Its great place for family holidays, same as for couples or just a nice summer brake with friends! Hotel staff is amazing, every one is there and ready to help whatever you need! I have to mention animation team, they are brilliant, playing the games, singing, acting, dancing and much more!!! And the restaurant, trust me on this you cant find better one in all island, im the person who like to eat, so i know what im saying! I just want to say big big THANK YOU for all ARMINDA&SPA team and i'll defiantly gonna go there again!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank SvyBalciuk
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Your holiday starts when you first meet the wonderful reception staff who cannot do enough for you and always have time for a chat.
The rooms are cleaned every day and are fairly spacious.There are secuirty boxes and air con in the rooms
The pools are salt water which does sound of putting but are fantastic.We spent most of our stay at the top pool where you can always find a bed and umbrella
The food is very good, with a wide variety of salads and local dishes. As said here before, be careful of the desserts which will put a strain on you waistlines! The snack bar is excellent
The entertainment is ok, but again, the enthusiasm of the staff carries it through.
The roof top bar is great of an evening, but stays empty because you can only get all inclusive beer and soft drinks up there so is wasted a bit.
Only a short walk to the beach, but venture towards Chersonisos and you will find great beaches along the way.By the way, give Cheronisos a miss unless you want a busy, tacky resort. Stalis on the other hand is far more laid back especially in the evening

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Alan H
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We were staying in Arminda for a week. Accomodation is fine. Food is in high varaity and deliciuos. Entertainers work was amazing, even if you do not go out of hotel your time can be fully occupied by them (ofcourse if you like to participate). Hotel is near the beach, so no problems of long walks to sea. Wery good place for vacation with kids (we have seen ones of couple of months age). All in all, if comming to crete we would like to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple