“Rude, unfriendly staff”
Review of Hotel Nikis

Hotel Nikis
Ranked #97 of 172 Hotels in Hersonissos
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Was told to wait 2 minutes for a table to be cleared which turned into 15 mins. When we finally got seated we had no menu and was ignored. When it came to ordering our food waiter was distracted not paying any attention to what we was ordering and after 5 minutes had to come back and ask us what we had ordered again. Was mixing up plenty of orders and forgetting drinks on the tables around us. When they bought out our food it was just thrown in front of us, didn't even ask who's was who's and had to tell them to swap them. The food was basic but not brilliant. Overall a bad experience and will not be returning again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank LucyWinckles

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We decided to eat here as my husband recommended from a previous trip. Fantastic food, have the Souvlaki!!! Lovely cocktails, we had a couple of freebies and loads of shots thrown in....great service with fantastic views. We spent the whole evening there! Had to chase for the bill tho!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I was there in May and hotel was empty. everything was perfect. Pitty i decide to came back in september. The biggest mistake i ever made. Have no idea what happened with wellknown cretan hospitality. Felt myself made from glass when they looks though me. Friendliness there were sooo chemistry like the sign "test identical th the natural" which signed on cheap snacks. No service, no hospitality, no even polite. Never ever again. How friendly and hospitable they were in may, so awful it happens in september. Was very disappointed how they threated me as repeat guest. And how opposide was the behavior to words and promice i`ve heard in previous visit. It seems to me that hotel owner have a strong wish to kill his business. Reputation is a thing which hard to earn but easy to lost. and they did it rapidly.

Is starts from the first day. The hotel owner purposefully made overbooking and sent me with other guests to another hotel. after some discussion with other guess we realized that its common practice there - he sell out Nikis fully but proove all bookings. so when guests came he send them to another his hotel 'Sea View" without any sorrows or compensation. I`ve booked hotel for 11 nights, but they forced me to stay 8 nights in Sea view hotel, each next morning with the promice to change hotel tomorrow. Each morning on the breakfast the hotel owner meet me on breakfast with his chemistry smile and give me a promice for tomorrow. For me was no problem to live in Sea View hotel, but when you each day hear that tomorrow you will change - it doesnt made you feel relax. And... one morning i was very upset with the hotel owner - when i came down and say him "Kalimera" (i`ve already stop to expect to change room and just laughed on situation) - i got and answer - "Tomorrow" instead of simply "hello". What a rudeness!
Ok, after 8 night they force me and other guests to move to Nikis but one and only reason was that the other hotel would be closed.

First, they tried send me and another girl to one double rome instead two single room we`ve paid for. Second they tried send her to a tiny room which looks like doggy home with small window under the roof and direct view to the next wall. After scandel she got a triple sea view room number 306, unfortunaly with all sounds and smelling from burned fat from the kitchen. No airflow, no hot water in the room.
I got a big room 308 without balcony and view to backyard for a four person with promice to change if there big family came. Remember, it was already my last 3 nights from 11. Soooooooo friendly from the hotel....

Second - there is a tavern from the hotel with the same name. When you are not guest of the hotel - everything would be perfect, hotel guests got a service in a last row. (didnt talking now about myself because after such behavior i lost any wish to left my money there, when so many tasty and lovely places are in Chersonissos just few steps away).

I dont know what happened with them. And it wasnt against me personally - i`ve talked with lots of other guests, everyone said - service is awful. I feel very sorry now they lost such a good place with warm atmosphere. For sure i came in Chersonissos again, but never again to Nikis. They have to think over about the style of the management - i talk now about hotel owner and his family. They want to get maximum prompt profit. Its ok, but the way they try to do it is horrible. Nobody didnt think about reputation of the hotel. I was read reviews of this summer before my visit in september... and there was impossible to believe in, like i stayed in another hotel. But when i came back in september, i`ve recognized that situation is even worse. Nothing against the rest of the staff - they tried to do their best, but they could do nothing against the manager`s.
Crete is well known of his hospitability and such things is ashamed to do. Hope that this review will helps to change the situation.

Room Tip: single room looks like doggi house, rooms on third floor full of old burned oil from the kitchen.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Julienka_Samara
Reviewed 8 September 2013

After being literally "chased" by one of the waiters we decided to have dinner at the restaurant of this hotel, which offers a nice veranda facing the sea. At first, we spent a while explaining the maître that we were only two people, as he thought we were together with other three people looking at the menu at the same time. The maître looked a bit disappointed after that, yet showed us our table.
Another waiter came immediately and, after having understood we were Italians, welcomed us very warmly speaking in our language and introduced the menu. After a short time, another waitress went taking the order for drinks and said "...and of course you're not ready yet to order the meal...". We answered politely that, yes, we needed a few more minutes to check the menu and she went away we the same disappointed face. Up to that point, however, we did not pay too much attention to that: we were on holiday, the place was nice, so why boring.....
One minute after, the second waiter came again to take the order: we said we wanted to have bruschetta as appetizer and chicken souvlaki and as main course, but he looked at us like saying "Are you mad?" and suggested instead to have seafood and fish. As we already had fish and seafood the evening before, we said we wanted to go for something else and asked for suggestions. We ended up ordering the bruschetta and two gyros plates; in the meanwhile, for a couple of times the waiter stopped suddenly talking to us to answer requests from other customers or to help serving other tables.
The bruschetta (awful, indeed.....) and the gyros (acceptable) were served simultaneously, so that while we were enjoying our "appetizer" the rest of our dinner was getting cold.
Just after we had finished our main course, the waiter came and said "now I guess you are done, so would you mind have our dessert or coffee while seating at the bar table at the other side of the road ?". At that moment, we were at the restaurant by no more than 20 minutes !
My wife was quite astonished, yet we accepted to move to the bar and had quickly our "complimentary" ice cream while our table at the restaurant was promptly assigned to a group of other four people.
After less than 30 minutes (including the time for paying the bill), our dinner was finished.
I never felt treated this way except in fast-food restaurants at rush hour, but at least their prices are considerably lower.
Would not recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank steve_b2011
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My partner and I went to Hersonissos tonight as we are staying just outside. We went in search of a couple of restaurants in the top 10 but unfortunately couldn't find them. Weary and hungry we went passed Niki's and were given a great sales pitch. Come in, free drink, table looking at the sea etc. we decided to try it being hungry. We were given a table near to the tables with a sea view and told to wait for the couple sat there to finish so we could have their table. No such luck, after we got our drinks and my partner nearly ended up caked in ketchup that fell off a shelf, we were asked to move. I thought so they could clean up but apparently it was so they could sit someone else on our table - a table of 4 they had promised a sea view to too. We ordered pizzas which were bland and anaemic! I had to cover mine in mayo to eat it. We ate them, had our drinks and left, telling the "salesman" what we thought. Please don't go here if you are looking for anything more than mediocre (at best). Hunt out the better restaurants and allow yourself a nice meal and ambience. The one decent thing they had going for them was they had a live band playing greek music. For this reason I would give it one star!

Room Tip: Don't eat in the restaurant
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dev2706
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Very basic but cheap hotel, the hotel staff is wonderfull and very friendly. Nikis hotel is above a restaurant/bar which is closed after 23.00. Location is exactly between the strip and starbeach. Free wifi and good food

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank dosney
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We ate at Nikis one night and were very impressed. We were given very quickly a table next to the sea where we had a great plate of food to share to start with and I had a Greek plate for main course. One disappointment was my mother had BBQ spare ribs. She asked if they came in a sauce which they said they did but when they arrived they were dry and when asked for sauce we were given a bottle of HP BBQ sauce! We were then given two complimentary Rakis and asked for the bill. As we left, the waiter stopped us to ask if we had had a free drink? We were a little confused as we had drank a bottle of wine? He then invited us into the bar and we were offered a free drink for all of us of our choice! The other good thing with Nikis is they have live music every night which makes it a fun atmosphere!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family