“Friendly, honest and Great fun”
Review of Arion Stables

Arion Stables
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Family park petting zoo pony and horse riding individual, Hotel & Apartments, beach and mountain rides sunset beach rides small zoo- animal park V.I.P. Horse carriage service, weddings with our Victoria carriagecarriage tours to the town or traditional villages, riding and driving lessons, traditional taverna & cafe bar, playgrounds a peacefull paradise for our animals & horse friendliest stable in whole crete.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Husband and wife team of George & Zara run this establishment. Amazing friendly contact from George re my enquiries before our trip. Really reasonable prices for horse riding and carriage rides - varying length depending on ability of riders. We didn't actually participate in any activities on this visit. We actually went incognito to check out the set up for a possible trip for our daughter. We found Cara to be very informative and helpful as she was telling us about the rescue horses and competing she takes part in. She very kindly showed us some of the skills of the horses in competing and was braiding a small rescues mane - which our granddaughter loved. A small play park for the kids and a little petting zoo area. Taverna and several arenas. We saw several horses - all in excellent condition and well looked after. Several carriages which they use for carriage rides. All horse activities are one on one and they and carriage rides need to be booked in advance. We met George in the Taverna who was very lovely, friendly and welcoming. Very informative too. Will definitely return next trip after having pre-booked horse riding 2 hour beach ride for our daughter and a carriage ride perhaps for the rest of us. Thank you George and Cara for a very welcoming and honest reception. We look forward to returning and to hopefully meet Zara next time.

5  Thank LollyBuckinghamshire
in 22 reviews
in 139 reviews
in 41 reviews

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Overall a very good experience being my first time riding a horse with my two (nearly) teenagers. The 1 hour ride was just the 3 of us and two instructors who were constantly me giving well needed advice such as how to hold the reins! My daughter had good riding experience so she lead the way. They also picked us up from our hotel and took us back for just €10 which would have cost at least double by taxi. Definitely recommend.

5  Thank Lenny6912
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our family visited Arion Stables during a day trip to the Port of Heraklion, Crete that we made as part of a Mediterranean Cruise. The experience was a highlight of our whole trip. I coordinated with Georgios via email. Since we were only scheduled to be in Crete for a few hours, Georgios agreed to pick us up directly from the port and drive us to the Stables – a 15-20 minute ride. Since Georgios had to accommodate the cruise ship schedule, we were not able to ride on the beach, which is only done in the early morning and in the evening. Instead, we rode through olive and pomegranate groves, which was very nice. Our group included myself, my 10 year-old daughter, and my 74 year-old dad. Although my dad is an experienced rider, he is used to riding Western, not English, so this was a very different riding experience for him, yet one that he enjoyed. My daughter and I are less experienced, and our guide Ava was very sensitive to all of our needs, and those of the horses, so we all had a great time. I wish we could have stayed longer so that we could have gone on a ride on the beach, and enjoyed the good food that I have read about on this site.

5  Thank Kathleen S
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Amazing value for money. The horses are well looked after, they behaved brilliantly. The staff work hard at ensuring you have have a safe riding experience. My youngest was the only experienced rider unlike my son( wee bit scared of horses) and myself( limited ability) but we managed with superb assistance. We went early evening, riding on the beach, seeing the sun set in the hills and walking through Olive Groves . Fantastic 2 hours and will be remembered for a life time.
We also had our evening meal at the stables. The Pork is a " Must" Best meal I had in the 2 weeks I was on Crete. My daughter had the pasta which was very good and son had chicken though I have to say he tucked into my meal as well.
The stables also have a great play area and small animal area which my youngest loved and was not a happy bunny to be leaving the stables.
We were picked up at out hotel and taken to the stables but at the end of the evening George the owner was busy so he arranged for us to be taken home by taxi paid by himself.
Thank you to all the staff at Arion Stables for a most amazing experience and a brilliant service.

1  Thank silver-rose