“Really nice hotel in centre of town”
Review of Poseidonio Hotel

Poseidonio Hotel
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Tinos
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Really nice hotel in centre of town”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Stayed for four nights. First night I was in a very pleasant room with side view to the harbour. Unfortunately the laundry room was above this room and in morning the vibration from the washing machine was awful. The lady on reception was really helpful and immediately moved me to a front facing room. Good rooms with fabulous balcony overlooking harbour. It was quite noisy but so interesting I prefered this to the quieter (apart from washing machine) side view room. Breakfast was fresh and tasty. Best part was the staff who were really friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: front facing third floor
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank springy23

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I went with a friend in early May and was very pleasantly surprised. It's an older hotel, although I would think, renovated fairly recently. The rooms are just what you might expect but very clean and the bathroom was great (good, working shower with plenty of hot water). We had a room overlooking the harbor with a great little balcony. It might be noisy in the summer but in May it was fine. The breakfast buffet was fairly standard but all fresh and tasty. What set this place apart was the real friendliness of all the people who work there. Aside from the free transfer from the boat, they were helpful with every request from restaurant suggestions to bus schedules (they made us a copy to keep). The last day I was waiting for someone to return a sweater I'd left in a taverna (out of town) the day before. The woman (owner?) at the front desk said not to worry that if it didn't come before we left she'd just mail it to me. A great place and if Tinos wasn't so terribly windy I might just go back!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank AthensDeb
Wales
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We had a hiccup going to Poseidonio Hotel due to the ferry cancelled on the Friday which made us stay overnight in Mykonos,But the next morning we caught the Ferry over from the Madness of Mykonos to heaven,we were met off the ferry and brought to the Hotel and what a joy it was,the greeting and friendliness of all the staff was so welcoming went up to our room on the fourth floor opened the window to be met by a fantastic view(Tip. book a front room overlooking the Harbour)you will not be disappointed.
Overall the Hotel is the perfect place to stay on Tinos,that is if you want to be in Town,Rooms are well appointed,good bathrooms safe in room TV all mod cons.
I have no hesitation in recomending this hotel.(mind you having said all this I just hope I will not find it Full when I next Book) and I will be back hopefully in September.
Thank you once again everyone at Poseidonio your the tops....
Also must add,Tinos is a super island,just like Greece was all laidback,slower pace,restaurants where they have time to talk to you,and so much to see and do,cannot rate Tinos high enough

Room Tip: Book a sea view,you will not be disappointed only a few more euros extra,but it is worth it.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank osbourneWales
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 November 2011

The rooms are a bit old but clean and comfortable.
The hotel has a very nice view over the sea.
The reception staff is very helpful and provide us with free transfer to/from the port.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Athens
Reviewed 23 August 2010

We stayed there with my mother for 4 nights. The room was very nice actually, always clean and the cleaning ladies very polite as well. Our room was luckily in the frontier side of the hotel, where we had the best view over the port and an island across Tinos, named Syros. It was also very convenient, because we had a refrigirator in the room. Its place in the port was pretty convenient, given the fact it was a breath away from all the cafes and tavernes, and only 5' footwalk away from the great church of Panagia. It was however a little bit far from the central bus station - about 12' footwalk - which is tiring under the hot sun.
The breakfast was fine, but it could have been better. It was restricted in eggs, bread, cake, marmelade, cereals and milk and coffee. I 've had actually richer breakfasts.
The hotel stuff was however the most polite people I 've ever met in a hotel and always willing to help. 5 star service no kidding.
Oh.. And the prices were actually good. We paid 60 euros per night... All the other hotels asked for more during my research and when I saw where they were in the island and what they looked like on the outside, I really felt so relieved...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family