If you are in the group of people (like me) who travel to far-away places that do not offer the usual vacation experiences, if you like the midnight sun or the northern lights Svalbard is the place to go. Then why check in to a hotel that looks like every other hotel in the world? Mary-Ann offers a unique experience, with a lovely winter garden, an outdoor hot pool where you're allowed to take a bath without clothes, but can wear a swim suit if you like. The places around you can visit are plenty, just check a Svalbard website. The friendly people at the Polarrigg will also help you. I will certainly return as soon as I can. I stayed there last week for the second time, and it won't be the last.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come join us up north at Mary-Ann`s Polarrigg, a somewhat different Hotel/Rig in Longyearbyen. Here at Mary-Ann`s we have a relaxed and homey environment that will suite everybody.Stay as the miners did back in the days in our authentic Miners Rig, or if you prefer Hotel standard you can try our Luxury Rig instead.In the day time we can assist in booking of trips from our local tour operators or if you just want a day of relaxation in our onsite spa that is also possible. For groups we can also offer a fully equipped conference room.In the evening you can try food from our delicious menu in our Vinterhagen Restaurant where we serve both Thai food and traditional Norwegian and Arctic food.Come join us for an experience of a lifetime here at Mary-Ann’s Polarrigg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Mary-Ann's Polarrigg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mary-Ann`s Polarrigg Hotel Longyearbyen
- Mary-Ann's Polarrigg Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen, Svalbard