Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$175
eDreamsUS$175
PricelineUS$175
Agoda.comUS$176
TripadvisorUS$167
StayForLong
All reviews rooms are small cozy atmosphere arctic svalbard trips hostel
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 April 2019 via mobile

I was in ski expedition trip to newton peak with group of 12 in the middle of the journey i had severe back pain where i have to return to the city so i dont delay the group journey , a helicopter evacuated me to hospital and then i took taxi as i cant walk comfortably and have no battery in my mobile , no charger ( everything in a storage ) So start going to all nearby hotels / guest house /A&B/ you name it ...and no availability as during those days ( 4 to 8 April the north pole airport has problems and still visitors coming to town , i went to this place Mary Anne ,it was fully book where people also paying to sleep in bathroom ( seriously) so i asked reciptionist to let me sleep in any sofa but they were reserved so i asked her that i want to sleep in the floor , kindly she accommodate me , its really filled with worm and welcome feeling, provided me with towels, the receptionist 2 ladies were absolutely stars and i enjoyed it with all the noice from walking people on wood and shared bathroom,,,,unforgettable experience and much remarkable positive service than any 5 or 7 star hotel ,,,,felt humanitarian feeling for needy people like me at that day where i have no one or no method to solve my issue

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank abeeralomar
Polarriggen, Front Office Manager at Mary-Ann's Polarrigg, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2019

Thank you so much for this huge and kind review! We are always here to help! Best regards from whole team!

Reviewed 2 April 2019

We were saying here, as a university group, for 2 nights and wish we could have stayed more, but due to the high season we had to switch to the less personal and cosy, Radisson Blu.

The lodges are converted miners' accommodation, giving such character to the place and an 'authentic' stay in this traditional mining town. The rooms are small, but as I have said they are converted from the miners' accommodation, so this is not really a negative, just a comment. They are very clean, beds are comfortable, towels are provided and the bathrooms are warm too.

The common area is very warmly decorated and adds to the feeling of just coming in for a day's works underground. The breakfast/bar area is the best in the whole place. Panoramic views of the mountains and the deep valley. The breakfast was excellent, a lot of variety, hot and cold. Porridge, eggs, fruit, juice, cold cuts, cheese for the more continentally inclined.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank lw11fl
Polarriggen, Front Office Manager at Mary-Ann's Polarrigg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2019

Hello lw11fl! Thank you so much for all these amazing words which really melted our hearts! So great to know that guests appreciate the real feel and atmosphere of the place! Hope to welcome you again! Best regards, Kinga & Team Mary-Ann's Polarrigg

Reviewed 25 March 2019

We had a great stay at Mary-Ann´s this weekend. We were scheduled for a 2 night stay and as I have stayed there before as well I was really looking forward to the authentic experience Mary Ann´s offers. To my surprise we were upgraded to the double-O seven suite. And what a great surprise and experience that was. Very cozy and nice room with a lot of space and its own hot tub in the bathroom. It was great. The breakfast at Mary Ann´s is also great and the fact that you can buy food to bring out on scooter trips for lunch is perfect. I can highly recommend Mary Ann´s no matter if you stay in the gruverig, luxusrig or the 007 suite and I will be returning, hopefully already next season. Thanks again.

Date of stay: March 2019
Polarriggen, Front Office Manager at Mary-Ann's Polarrigg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2019

Hello fabstar82! You were indeed very lucky:D Thank you for taking time and reviewing your stay! We really hope to see you again! Best regards, Kinga & Team Mary-Ann's Polarrigg

Reviewed 16 February 2019 via mobile

Mary-ann's was exactly what I was looking for in my first trip to Svalbard! The staff was absolutely amazing, so welcoming and helpful with every little question! I stayed in a basic room with a friend and I was honestly a bit worried as I had never stayed in a hotel with shared accommodations (shared common space and bathrooms). The 6 shared bathrooms each locked for individual use and could not have been cleaner. They each had a toilet, sink, and shower. The room was small as they were previously barracks for miners but exactly what we needed since we didn't spend much time in the room. Breakfast was included in our rate and it was delicious. We also had dinner at the restaurant one night and the service and food was again amazing! I cannot praise the staff enough they were simply amazing!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Polarriggen, Front Office Manager at Mary-Ann's Polarrigg, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2019

Hello diannajanelle!
Thank you so much for the lovely review and all the great comments! We are more than super happy to hear that you liked it here - satisfied guests is what makes our work a dream job! We hope to see you again!!! Greetings from cols Svalbard and whole Mary-Ann's Team

Reviewed 12 February 2019

Excellent staff!!
Delicious meals and drinks!
Clean and warm!
Cosy and interesting interior!
But be ready for some inconvenience in single room. It's a little bit noisy in the mornings when they are fully occupied. But it's all nothing for you get.
Special thanks to Kinga and Vitaliy!!!

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello mmp2003!:) Thanks a million for your super kind words! We are so happy to hear that you loved it hear - because it's a place to love and remember and it's just so awesome to know that guests feel same vibe! Greetings from whole Team and of course special once from me (Kinga) and Vitalii!