Simple, but yet nice accomodation. If you are not bothered by walking some steps to get to the city center, this place is perfect for people who'd rather spend their money on activites than accomodation. The rooms are simple but very clean, the same with the washing rooms. We even had our own sink in our room, which was really convenient. There was also a small but very clean kitchen that could be us by the guests.
Breakfast was included - simple but more than sufficient. People at the reception were very kind and helpful.
Since we were on Svalbard during the midnight sun season, we could have wished for darker curtains, but the sleeping masks did their job as well ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coal Miners' Cabins offers reasonably priced accommodation, located in the upper part of the Longyear valley and within reach of mountains and glaciers. The place is an excellent starting point for hiking, skiing and snowmobile trips. Coal Miners' Cabins is the place to stay for those who want to get the real experience of the mining period on Svalbard. Coal Miners' Cabins is located in Nybyen, Longyearbyen's small "suburb" is within walking distance from downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Coal Miners’ Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spitsbergen Guesthouse Hotel Longyearbyen
- Coal Miners’ Cabins Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen, Svalbard