I visited Svalbard the previous summer time due to a programme I attended at the University Centre of Svalbard. I stayed there for 3 weeks and I have to say it was amazing. The hotel has excellent connections to the airport due to a bus that runs every time a flight takes-off or lands and Longyearbyen. The hotel is also located in the Town centre and near the University Centre which was perfect for me because I only needed 5 minutes walk from the hotel to the University and believe me even in summertime it can be very cold walking in Svalbard. The best thing of the hotel though is the restaurant they have. It is situated right opposite the fjord and due to the big windows they have you can see all the mountains across Isfjord. Of course the food was magnificent and I have to say the crab soup I had one night was really remarkable and will never forget it in my life. The staff are really helpful and speak excellent English like most people living at Longyearbyen. The only problem is that the prices are quite expensive but life in general in Svalbard is expensive so I guess it was not too bad for the Standards of the Island, since it is the most luxurious hotel present on the islands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the world's northernmost full service hotel in the heart of Longyearbyen. From your table at Restaurant Nansen you can enjoy the panoramic view towards the majestic mountain Hiorthfjellet accompanied by an excellent Arctic menu and a good selection of wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Rezidor so you can book your Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen, Longyearbyen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen, Longyearbyen Hotel Longyearbyen
- Radisson Longyearbyen
- Longyearbyen Radisson
- Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen, Longyearbyen Svalbard