We arrived after midnight and were only staying for one night. We arrived alongside a whole busload of people off the same plane and we were very impressed with how effeciently they processed everyone.
We were staying in the Annex which was new and modern and had a lovely comfortable double bed, only problem was the heat, the bathroom had underfloor heating and the room was also heated, so the first thing we had to do was open all the windows (we also turned heating off) but it probably took 2 hours to cool down and feel like the Arctic an dwe no doubt contributed to the melting ice. We took advantage of the wifi worked well and enjoyed a good breakfast before going out walking. Although we had cleared out room and left luggage with Gadventure, we forgot to check out, despite it being well after 11 before we handed the key back there was no issue.
We also liked the fact that dspite being checked out they gave us free coffee in the afternoon. So while a little expensive the hotel in our view was good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the world's northernmost full service hotel in the heart of Longyearbyen. From your table at Restaurant Nansen you can enjoy the panoramic view towards the majestic mountain Hiorthfjellet accompanied by an excellent Arctic menu and a good selection of wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Rezidor, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen, Longyearbyen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen, Longyearbyen Hotel Longyearbyen
- Radisson Longyearbyen
- Longyearbyen Radisson
- Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen, Longyearbyen Svalbard