I normally love Radisson hotels, but on this occasion I was very disappointed and certainly wished I had booked at the Hotel Longyearbyen. Our twin room turned out to be an 'apartment' in a building away from the main hotel and there was no lift to take us to the second floor -- with a lot of heavy bags. The first thing we saw when we opened the door were two bunks! (Too old for bunks). A trundle bed was later supplied. Other unsatisfactory facilities included curtains that in no way blocked out the midnight sun, a pokey bathroom and an overheated room. The staff explained that this annexe to the hotel was due to be renovated, but that didn't make us feel any better. The breakfast the following morning was fine, but the hotel was obviously very full because we were hard pressed to find a clean table. The reception staff were polite and apologetic and took account of our unhappiness and disappointment when the time came to pay the bill. Beautiful views, but all the views in the Arctic are beautiful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the world's northernmost full service hotel in the heart of Longyearbyen. From your table at Restaurant Nansen you can enjoy the panoramic view towards the majestic mountain Hiorthfjellet accompanied by an excellent Arctic menu and a good selection of wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Rezidor, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen, Longyearbyen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen, Longyearbyen Hotel Longyearbyen
- Radisson Longyearbyen
- Longyearbyen Radisson
- Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen, Longyearbyen Svalbard