“good sized clean rooms and great food”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Biggleswade
Stratton House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Biggleswade
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“good sized clean rooms and great food”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stayed in April 2012, booked 2 rooms, both were a good size, it is very close to Biggleswade shops and facilities. Biggleswade is on the London Kingscross to Peterborough train line, so easy access to London. It was very noisy, at night as everyone retired to bed, which seemed to be down to very inconsiderate guests, at gone midnight were loud conversations woke us all up. There is a night porter to assist if this is too much. Very clean rooms and modern reception, the restaurant was very busy so booking an evening meal is advised. The Full English breakfast was one of the best I have had, so full marks. My daughter and partner stayed and they had a good nights sleep so it was probably just bad luck that we were in the wrong room, close to mr & mrs noisy. I will definitely stay again and would recommend. Please do not mistake this hotel for Stratton Guest house, which is £15 p/n cheaper, but nowhere near as good.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
17 Thank mick_shannon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I've stayed at the Stratton House a couple of times and it's a very decent small hotel. It isn't plush or achingly smartly decorated but it's clean, provides a decent bed and the staff are pleasant, it does all this for £65 a night which seems a more than reasonable price to me. My only real criticism is the temperature, both times I've stayed my room has been noticeably warm, I guess they are aware that some people might find it a bit close as they provide fans in the rooms. The outstanding positive at the Stratton House is the breakfast which is as good as I've had anywhere. The food is good quality and everything is freshly cooked, much smarter and more expensive hotels that leave their food drying under heat lamps could learn a lesson here.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
35 Thank danw71
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2012

This is a lovely little hotel with excellent service, The only draw back was the rooms on the corridoor where rooms 9 and 11 are is very noisy on a night as this is where the smoking area is. Not a good night sleep if your up early for work. The rooms are very nice and clean always a plus when your staying away from home.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
36 Thank cadgjn
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We had visited this restaurant last year at a family get together and found the food very good, so as we headed down from up North we hoped our meal out would be at the "Stratton". We were not disappointed. The restaurant is spacious, clean and attractive. The staff very helpful and friendly. Three of us decided on the fish & chips, two chose the curry of the day, and one the mushroom carbonara. All the food was good, the only plates not clean were the curry because the portions were very large. The fish & chips were the star of the show, proper fat chips and a lovely crispy batter on succulent, boneless haddock. Cannot wait for our next visit to Biggleswade and of course the "Stratton". We stayed with family, so can not comment on the sleeping facilities.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
52 Thank foodhearty
Colombo
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Following a long journey and arriving late evening we found the hotel management and staff to be very friendly, courteous and helpful, the room was spacious clean and very comfortable and the food was excellent.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
48 Thank David John S
Sandy, United Kingdom
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 79,392 helpful votes
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We booked the conference room of the Stratton House Hotel for a 90th birthday party for our mother.

Our grandson and his girlfriend had decorated the room beforehand with an assortment of helium balloons and they did a first-class job, the room looked fantastic.

From start to finish, we were impressed by the excellent service we received. Marian and the other members of staff were extremely efficient and worked very hard to ensure our 90 year mother and all her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and other family members had a wonderful time.

We had ordered a hot and cold buffet and the food was delicious and very well-presented. There were freshly made sandwiches, quiche, Scotch eggs, sausage rolls, roast chicken drumsticks, pizza, etc. and tea and coffee.

Everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves thanks to the efforts of Marian and all her young staff and we would not hesitate to recommend the Stratton House Hotel as an excellent venue and value for money for family parties and other functions. Also, beers, wine etc. were very reasonably priced, cheaper than some of the pubs in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
356 Thank Sandygranny
Rhoose, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I stayed here on my own on a trip for work. The girl that checked me in was nice and helpful and found out local bus times for me. I went to my room that with first inspection looked good. I went downstairs to the pub for dinner which was very nice. Good vegetarian options. I retired to my room where all the trouble started. My room was by the outside smoking area and the people who used it sounded like they were in the room with you, they were very loud. The radiator kept knocking all night even though I had turned it off. You could here every footstep and creek from the adjacent rooms. The bed was a double but very small. I was glad it was only me in there, if my husband was with me we would never have been able to both sleep in it. I managed to get a few hours of sleep and went down to breakfast which was ok, nothing special. I went to check out and was served by either the manageress or the owner who was very rude and snobby. I asked her a few questions about the bill and she was abrupt and short with me. I asked here where to catch my works bus and she told me the wrong place. For the money my company paid for that room I would expect a more comfortable stay and better attitude of the manager. She needs to take a note out of her staffs books as they were all nice and friendly. Not like her. If I go to this area again with work I will be avoiding this hotel but would eat there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Amy D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Biggleswade
Days Inn Stevenage North
#4 of 4 in Baldock
The Green Man
The Green Man
#1 of 1 in Stanford

Been to Stratton House Hotel? Share your experiences!