“Evening Meal”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Biggleswade
Stratton House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Biggleswade
London, United Kingdom
“Evening Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

My Husband and I had a evening meal in the restaurant on Friday 6th December, despite it being very busy with several Christmas parties the service was very impressive. As always the food was up to its usual high standard.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
15 Thank Debbie W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

As the title of my message says - nice staff but hotel rooms have no style and everything from here is just old and it doesnt fit to the rest.
My bed wasnt comfortable at all, it took me more then 5 minutes to figure out how the lock on the door works. The prices are way to high for such inconvinience.

Wont be back here and I am not recommending it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MARTAWALUK
Cornwall, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed here on business Nov 2013 for one night.
Room...adequate, clean and warm room, bed a little firm but comfortable. Good free wifi. Bathroom a little cramped but ok. I had a room fronting a quite busy road so would benefit from secondary or double glazing. Overall quite pleasant.
Food... nice evening meal of fajitas and apple pie.
Breakfast (full english) very nice except fried bread which was greasy and black pudding which was cardboard and stodgy. Service good. Nasty music radio was unnecessary and not what people need first thing in the morning.

Overall, not a bad stay.

• Stayed November 2013
9 Thank CalifornianMan
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

We have had breakfast and lunch at the Stratton House which were pretty good, so we decided on having dinner there after work on a weekday. We were not disappointed. If you want to be pedantic, it's not the most varied menu, but the portions are borderline gargantuan and cooked to absolute perfection. The wine list is again not vast but should satisfy all except the most discerning of wine buffs and I can assure you the beer is excellent - on the night from Lacon's, the newly re-opened Yarmouth brewer - and it was served without the often proffered head like the Elephant Man.
Not the most intimate venue and the music on the night was a little loud, but don't let that put you off. All up a very, very good night.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Chris B
York Beach, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

My daughter was married in Biggleswade and we spent a week at the Stratton House with my other daughter and granddaughter. My sister and niece and her husband also stayed a few days. We found it to be welcoming and homey. The staff went out of their way to accommodate our needs. The rooms were clean and well kept. We had the two rooms on the top floor. The bathroom water was extremely hot but signs to warn us. No shower but it made me appreciate the comfort of relaxing in the tub and there was a sprayer. Coffee provided in the room and ironing board and iron in the hall. The bed was extremely comfortable, my daughter thought hers was a bit too firm. The decor was charming. It includes a full English breakfast with a variety of choices.the food was very good! Try the vegetarian breakfast the mushrooms and tomatoes fresh and eggs cooked perfect. Dinners were good food a little different than we are use to but good. Dining room is large and comfortable and decorated well. The window tables look out over the charming village. Close to center of town there are some fun and interesting shops there. A pub on every corner, but we spent most evenings in the Stratton house pub, the bartenders and waitress were all young and a fun group, very professional and patron oriented.

Room Tip: Single room is quite small as my sister had one, spend a few extra pounds for a double. Upper floor...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank PattyKelley71
Farnham, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel on the night of 13th July 2013 with my elderly parents. I am 55 and my parents are 90(!) and 83 respectively. We did not particularly choose the hotel, but we had been invited to a dinner there that evening and I decided that it would be better to stay the night than drive some 50 miles home after the dinner.

It was a very hot night and there is no air - con. Fans were provided in the rooms but these did not compensate for the poor ventilation. My parents' double room was at the back or side of the hotel and was attractive and well appointed, also quiet. However, there were steep stairs up to it and there is no lift.

My (single) room was appalling. It was either number 11 or 20, can't remember which was which, but it was AWFUL. Overpriced, spartan, cramped, dated, depressing. The bed was quite comfortable and the wi-fi worked well, which was just as well, as the racket from the street below continued well into the night. The terrace in front of the hotel is obviously the meeting point for all the local revellers on aa Saturday night. The room was like an airless cell. The shower was just a dribble aand the shower gel dispenser was so high up the wall that I could not reach it at all. I aam only 5' 2" - but hardly a midget!

Ther was no chair in the room - just a ricketty stool and the desk area was just about big enough for the (dated) TV and tea and coffee tray. It would be no good for a business traveller - I had to lie on the bed to use my laptop. The "bedside" lamp was so high above the bed that it couldn't be reached from the pillow. I consider that this could be dangerous in an emergency....

HOWEVER.....

The food was good, the dining room very pleasant and the cooked breakfast was superb and very copious. I could not fault the staff, who were polite, friendly and helpful. The youngsters working in the dining room haave impeccable manners and have been very well traained in every aspect of customer care.

This has the potential to be a good hotel, but for heaven's sake, upgrade the grotty rooms before they lose you any more business. The public areas are fine and the staff are brilliant. Shame about my overpriced cell!!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid single rooms. Ask to see the room before you commit, if at all possible.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Janet H
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

Recently stayed here for a week for work and requested prior to arrival that I have a quite room which was supplied. The staff were always helpful and even ensured that the cleaning staff found a lost earing. The food was nice and always well cooked, ate in here most nights and every morning. I think it was good value for money and would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: The rooms on the third floor are quite but don't request them if you are over 6ft tall.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
8 Thank Sue J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Biggleswade
Days Inn Stevenage North
Bedford Swan Hotel
Bedford Swan Hotel
#7 of 18 in Bedford
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,549 reviews

Been to Stratton House Hotel? Share your experiences!