“Very good value for money”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Biggleswade
Stratton Guest House
Ranked #2 of 3 Biggleswade B&B and Inns
Adelaide, Australia
“Very good value for money”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I chose this guest house on the basis of other Tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed. Sally (owner) guided me to a room on the ground floor that led off the dining room with an adjoining guests lounge. The room was of adequate size with older style (but functional) furniture and had an en-suite bathroom. The bathroom however had no shower so I treated myself to a welcoming bath - just what I needed. The toiletries and linen were of a very high quality and appreciated.
There is a number of pubs close by and a myriad of food options in the high street which is twenty paces from the front door. There is a pub opposite with good entertainment but there was no spill of unwelcome noise into the B&B. I had a sound nights sleep and was advised to close the ceiling blind before I turned in (which I did).
Other contributors have made comment about the lack of a cooked breakfast but the continental style breakfast was plentiful and the advertising makes it clear that there is no cooked breakfast anyway - no problem as far as I am concerned.
In conclusion - a very welcoming host, a clean and pleasant environment, restful sleep, plentiful breakfast and very good value.

Room Tip: Make sure you close the ceiling blind during summer.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Michael_WG

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Barnet
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed here for one night as we are were going to a party.

Booking was very easy and we were met by a pleasant lady who showed us our room and the lounge where breakfast was served in the morning.

The place was very clean, the rooms functional with a large supply of coffee and t-bags. We literally just slept there got up had our plentiful continental breakfast and left and it served our purpose perfectly.

If you want more than just a bed for the night maybe its not for you, but we would return if we were ever invited to another party.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Superhoopa
San Mateo, California
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Stayed in this B&B in 2012, it was good with clean amenities. TVs with cable, internet access, friendly staff and VERY affordable. Rooms were as they looked in pictures. I was greeted by a nice lady who gave me some local advice on restaurants, etc. My only constructive feedback would be to serve a cooked breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Annaba, Algeria
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times & each time I have had a very warm welcome.
The room was very clean, the bed was soooo comfortable & the tea tray never empty.
I liked the breakfast/lounge area, great not to be room-bound.
I would recommend this guest house & will stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Manchester
Reviewed 27 November 2012 via mobile

Car parking available.
No reception.
Met by an elderly chap who showed me the room. Despite what he says they do accept cards. Turns out he can't use the machine.
Room basic.
Office style ceiling tiles.
High level window which when opened sounds like you're on the railway line when the trains sound their horns! Especially in the early hours!
Bed seats loudly anytime you move.
Didn't bother with the continental breakfast, just wanted to get away for some hot food.
For the same money there's better accommodation in the area.
Check other tripadvisor reviews as i stay over in the area weekly.
I won't be going back.

• Stayed October 2012
5 Thank ManchesterGlen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Biggleswade
Days Inn Stevenage North
The Kings Arms
The Kings Arms
#3 of 4 in Sandy
The Potton Nest Bed and Breakfast

Been to Stratton Guest House? Share your experiences!