“Good weekend stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Biggleswade
Stratton Guest House
Ranked #2 of 3 Biggleswade B&B and Inns
Stoke-On-Trent
“Good weekend stay”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My wife and I stayed for two nights whilst visiting the nearby Shuttleworth Aerodrome with some friends. On arrival we were met by the helpful and friendly Nicola who made us welcome from the off. Both the rooms (one twin and one double) were clean and adequately presented; beds were comfy; showers were good; continental breakfast in the mornings was ideal start to the day. Friday night was fight night as the revellers spilled out of the adjacent public house, but this brief episode did not cast too grey a cloud over our experience. Overall a very pleasant stay and very good value for money; should we return to the town we would not hesitate to book again.

Room Tip: No differentiation in rooms; all clean and comfy
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank debretts01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
St Neots, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

When I got a new job near Biggleswade, I spent time looking at different options for what would probably be at least a few weeks. I chose Stratton Guest House over the others and I am so happy I did. My stay turned into 10 weeks when there was a delay on our move into our new house. I stayed Sunday night through Friday morning that whole time, and some weekends too while we were househunting, when my wife would join me there. Sally and Nicole always made me feel welcome during a time when I was getting used to a new job in an area where I knew no one. It really helped me to be somewhere with friendly people. Now I don't live far away and we will still go to Biggleswade now and then to visit Stratton Guest House and the restaurants I went to over and over again for so many weeks. Thank you Sally and Nicole!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank WayOuterBorough
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is a good place to stay . Reasonable price and a good breakfast. Our room overlooked the pub (on a Saturday night) but there was virtually no noise and we were not disturbed.
The room was comfortable and the owner friendly and welcoming.
Excellant value for money!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I chose this guest house on the basis of other Tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed. Sally (owner) guided me to a room on the ground floor that led off the dining room with an adjoining guests lounge. The room was of adequate size with older style (but functional) furniture and had an en-suite bathroom. The bathroom however had no shower so I treated myself to a welcoming bath - just what I needed. The toiletries and linen were of a very high quality and appreciated.
There is a number of pubs close by and a myriad of food options in the high street which is twenty paces from the front door. There is a pub opposite with good entertainment but there was no spill of unwelcome noise into the B&B. I had a sound nights sleep and was advised to close the ceiling blind before I turned in (which I did).
Other contributors have made comment about the lack of a cooked breakfast but the continental style breakfast was plentiful and the advertising makes it clear that there is no cooked breakfast anyway - no problem as far as I am concerned.
In conclusion - a very welcoming host, a clean and pleasant environment, restful sleep, plentiful breakfast and very good value.

Room Tip: Make sure you close the ceiling blind during summer.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Michael_WG
Barnet
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed here for one night as we are were going to a party.

Booking was very easy and we were met by a pleasant lady who showed us our room and the lounge where breakfast was served in the morning.

The place was very clean, the rooms functional with a large supply of coffee and t-bags. We literally just slept there got up had our plentiful continental breakfast and left and it served our purpose perfectly.

If you want more than just a bed for the night maybe its not for you, but we would return if we were ever invited to another party.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Superhoopa
San Mateo, California
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Stayed in this B&B in 2012, it was good with clean amenities. TVs with cable, internet access, friendly staff and VERY affordable. Rooms were as they looked in pictures. I was greeted by a nice lady who gave me some local advice on restaurants, etc. My only constructive feedback would be to serve a cooked breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Annaba, Algeria
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times & each time I have had a very warm welcome.
The room was very clean, the bed was soooo comfortable & the tea tray never empty.
I liked the breakfast/lounge area, great not to be room-bound.
I would recommend this guest house & will stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Biggleswade
Days Inn Stevenage North
The Kings Arms
The Kings Arms
#3 of 4 in Sandy
The Potton Nest Bed and Breakfast

Been to Stratton Guest House? Share your experiences!