“Sadly declining”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Have used the Pembroke a few times in the past year since my previous review and am disappointed to say that it has sadly declined since then. On my most recent visit for Sunday lunch the service was appalling with just 2 staff to attend the bar and diners. It took 15 minutes to place an order and then after a further 45 minutes I had to ask if our meal was coming. The main eventually arrived but the starter had been forgotten. The roast was not good, beef was tough, roast potatoes were soggy and the whole presentation was unappetising. I won't be going back

1  Thank David B

Reviewed 21 February 2014

i have used this pub lots of times for drinks but this was our first meal.my wife and we both had sunday roast dinner, my wife beef and i had turkey.both diners were very good meat,roast potatoes,new potatoes,yorkshire,stuffing and veg on this day,leeks,cauliflower,cabbage,carrots.
the portions are excellent as is the quality.
we both had deserts my wife lime torte and i had apple blackberry pie both were again excellent.
all the food is homecooked, the service is very good and peroni on tap is a bonus!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

As soon as we arrived we were greated by 4 smokers outside. Nice !!
All the lights were on in the whole pub, very bright which made it feel like a community centre not the pub that we were expecting. We were planning to eat and meet friends, we stayed for a drink and left! Shame as we are looking for somewhere decent to have regular drinks.

1  Thank rachel1210
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

This pub has just about managed to make the transition to a restaurant without losing its identity as a pub. The food is good and reasonably priced. The real ale is fine. My only gripe is that the same person usually has to serve food and beer which often leaves the bar untended. However as a smallish place I do understand that it couldn't afford the luxury of extra staff at quiet times.

Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

I have been frequently visiting this astablishment and the Peroni on tap is a must. Also sort of pub/restaurant you can take your order relatives to, without the worry of badly behaved louts