“Excellent restaurant in Biggleswade”

George's Hall Bar & Grill
Ranked #8 of 50 Restaurants in Biggleswade
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant in Biggleswade”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had dinner here with friends on a Staurday night in July - we were extremely grateful of the venue's effective air conditioning as it was a very humid evening. Great choice of foods on the menu (lovely choice of desserts too!). Service and atmosphere were excellent and the bill for the four of us did ot break the bank. The restaurant is lovely an spacious and what we particularly liked was that the tables were not rammed in too closely together. We recommend this restaurant and will definately come back in the future - especially when we have friends down and want to go out as a larger group - range of menu choices will appeal to most people.

Langford, United Kingdom
“Good food, slow to arrive”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We visited on a Thursday night and although the place wasn't even half full we waited an hour for food. It was worth waiting for but I wouldn't want to be there on a busy night!

Visited July 2014
Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, shame about the service”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My friend and I can for a chilled out dinner to catch up, this seemed like it would be the ideal venue given some of the other poor establishments in the area. We both work in the industry so I suppose we are bound to be critical but not ally it is just laughed off, but this time I just feel like it's more than two nagging women having a moan.
On the surface a perfect scene, great music abd lovely sceanary, but that's where this ideal location stopped living up to it's expectation,
The man behind the bar grunted abd was clearly horrified at the idea if making us a cocktail trying to make excuses to put us off(hardly the upselling you'd expect) never the less he made it as unimpressed as he was.
We then sat down and waited about 20 mins to get a menu which wasn't an issue as we were having a chat anyway, then to wait another 20 to get our order taken by a girl who couldn't even recommend a dish.
The food came and was very nice although a slight wait.
We waited over 30 mins with dirty plates on the table and actually had to take them to the bar ourselves and ask for the dessert menu again another missed chance to upsell!
The staff seem more interested in having a chat no smile no small talk nothing, the only atttibute your team have I'd being able to produce good food.
Over all disappointed at best. Such a shame given the potential.

1 Thank ellie-1-x
Biggleswade
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

After booking this restaurant for my boyfriends 30th birthday we arrived at the restaurant a little early. After walking up the stairs we were greeted by a
Miserable young girl who barely said two words! She sat us to our table and walked away. Two minutes later a man came over and said that whoever had booked us in should not have done so which meant we had to wait a while for food as there a was a party In there. This is not something we took lightly as I had provided my name and contact number so they could have called me to let me know! We sat at the table for around 5-7 minutes with not one member of staff in sight! Not only had we been made to feel unwelcome, we didn't get an apology! In the end we walked out with my mother in law staying behind to speak to the girl. My mother in law was ignored! I would not recommend this restaurant to my worst enemy. If that's how they treat their customers.. I can't see them doing very well!

1 Thank TornadoTomahawk
Brandon K, General Manager at George's Hall Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you taking the time to write your review of the George's Hall.

Our kitchen team is running low on staff which has meant I've had to spend majority of my time in the kitchen. This has obviously affected the front of house.

Please could you make contact through our website I would like the opportunity to make this awful situation right.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Only popped in for a few drinks but very impressed”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Popped in here for a few drinks after going out for a meal with my friends.

The venue is absolutely stunning and they've decorated the place really well.

We went on a Saturday night at about 10pm and they had an amazing singer on stage, singing classics like Sister Sledge, The Police and more modern songs like Beyonce. I think this is definitely the selling point of this place, as there is no where like this in Biggleswade.

My friend and I even got up and had a dance!

Will definitely go back and try the food.

• Visited June 2014