“Lovely meal”

Dining options: Reservations
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Went with friends to this restaurant which we hadn't visited for many years. Restaurant and bar had been refurbished, food was very well prepared and presented. We all had an enjoyable meal.
Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Janet M

Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable but HUGE portions”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Four of us ate here last night. We had the Sunday menu. One of us was veggie. The menu provided good choices for all of us. Big praise for the chef the food was good and the veggie roulade particularly outstanding. The waiting staff were all friendly and helpful but seemed ill informed regarding the menu. The outstanding veggie dish was described as sweet potato and spinach on ratatouille. I think the chef should brief the waiting staff each day to do his food justice.
Although I asked for a smaller portion, which they do as well as gluten free, the amount was massive. My advice is ask for smaller portion if you want room for the delicious desserts, we did have starters though.

• Visited May 2014
Stotfold, United Kingdom
“Fair value Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

It has taken me a while to finally write this review as I could identify nothing special about our visit. Everything was ok but that's about it. The restaurant lacks atmosphere; access from the car park is past the smoking area; staff were friendly but service was patchy. Food was ok but not notable.

• Visited March 2014
Bedford, United Kingdom
“TNT with family”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

With relatives who were not too mobile Stratton House was the local choice for us and we not disappointed.
We had booked as it was a Bank Holiday Monday, the bar was busy & restaurant a third full, we were welcomed & seated & drinks served in fine time.
Battered Mushrooms x 2 & Crab cakes to start all hot & tasty, to follow a Thai Vegetarian Noodle Salad well flavoured with a good mixture of vegetables & well spiced, a bit much for my brother in-law but then it's all down to personal taste.
A curry of the day (chicken) with rice,naan & chutney was hot & tasty just right. My wife's Seafood salad again a good choice which she polished off with relish,& finally my Ribeye Steak m/r just right & full of flavour & one small piece of fat.
With a bottle of red, 2 soft drinks & coffees & a bill of just over £100.
I erred on the side of VG because it was AV+ & trip advisor don't do Good, I think they should get rid of terrible & include Good instead.
Reading the other recent reviews ( Tabby1234 & Phoebe K) I would slot mine between the two not
Very Good or Average,but Good.

• Visited April 2014
“Staff were nice - food nothing special”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Staff were nice and friendly - think locals and hotel guests are the usual week day eaters.

food nothing special - average at best.

The decor was odd - the bar was like a cricket club house. Lacked atmosphere.

• Visited February 2014