“Good nosh after long walk”
Review of The White Hart

The White Hart
Ranked #20 of 53 Restaurants in Biggleswade
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Good nosh after long walk”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We dropped in for cold drinks and hot food after a long country walk. Tasty pub grub and good value too. Friendly welcome was nice. Relaxed and comfortable.

1 Thank ManInBlack64

“Ruined by manager's bad attitude!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Me and a friend visited the pub with our two children under 1 in late June. We sat outside and I went to the bar to order- I dared to ask if my friend's (who was going to order directly after me- we just couldn't leave the children unsupervised and there's no access for pushchairs from the garden) food could arrive at the same time as mine. I was informed by the gentleman serving me that "she should be in here ordering at the same time then". The food arrived in good time and was lovely, however we asked for a high chair, only for the same man to walk into the bar without saying a word, to return holding a high hair and leaving it at our table without saying a word, oh apart from "bring it back in when you're finished". Upon finishing our food, our tots had made quite a mess. I requested a dustpan and brush, and with rolled eyes one was fetched for me and I proceeded to tidy up the mess. There is also no baby change facility which would have been fine had we not had such terrible service. I have since learned that the gentleman serving us was the manager or the establishment. We all have off days but he was extremely rude especially as a senior staff member and other local people have shared similar stories with me. The food was excellent value and ok quality but I will never eat here again if I walk in and see this man behind the bar!

Visited June 2014
8 Thank Hannah-Louise G
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Salads to drool over.”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were recently in Biggleswade to shop and enjoy the Carnival on 21st June. Stomache noises reminded us of the time so we headed for the White Hart. A pub where we had had bar snacks before. What we were surprised to see was a selection of 5 salads advertised as 'giving you your 5 a day healthy eating recommendation'. The salads were around the £5.99 budget and the portions were good. Most were offered with a Citrus dressing, which was really tasty and not too strong. I chose the Summer salad with 3 types of leaves, cherry toms, avocado, cucumber and Rochito peppers, which I had never had or heard of before. Really tiny teardrop shaped but oh so juicy and tasty. We had the additional chicken breast between us and found ourselves full. If you like salads give them a visit. Because it was a hot day we ate outside so unfortunately had to dine with the smokers. Our choice.

• Visited June 2014
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Charged Extra For Drinks Because It Was Friday!!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I visited with my hubby for a quick drink while waiting for our takeaway. When I saw that the barmaid had charged me for a "splash" of coke AND a "dash" of coke, i politely pointed out her mistake……. Oh no! She quite happily told me with a straight face that they charge for both as it was a Friday. Eh? What? Excuse me????
I told her that I've never heard of this before, she just shrugged her shoulders. Like an idiot, I paid . I really should have told her no thanks. No wonder there were only about 15 people in there at 8pm on a Friday night - HELLO landlord, you might want to think about this if you actually want your customers to return.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank JulieG794
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Went here with my partner yesterday, and was thoroughly impressed.
Lovely, clean surroundings.

We both ordered the lunch meal deal. I ordered the steak baguette with cheese and red onion. They add an extra 50p for the steak but even so, was still great value.

They told us it would be a 20 minute wait, which tells me everything is made fresh.

When it arrived my partner and myself were both pleased with our choices. He chose the fish finger sandwich and hash brown bites, also very tasty.

The young man who served us (with hair tied back) was really friendly. He made sure we had everything we needed, and came back to check that everything was ok.

Will definitely be going back!