“Fantastic food but no hot drinks”
Review of Nonno Joes Ltd

Nonno Joes Ltd
Ranked #5 of 51 Restaurants in Biggleswade
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Authentic Italian dishes to take away! Founded in a passion for quality rustic food, Nonno Joe's is a new concept in take-away food for Biggleswade. Using the hightest quality ingredients, and recipes handed down from our Nonna, we prepare the freshest and healthiest take-away food around.
Beds
“Fantastic food but no hot drinks”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

As the other reviewers have commented, this place is what Biggleswade needs and thanks to them for filling this niche. Customers are really spoilt for choice and it is as good as any Italian bistro I have come across. The staff are friendly and all the food is freshly prepared and/or cooked.
I thoroughly enjoyed my ciabatta and must return to sample the pasta, pizzas and other specialities.
My only disappointment was that, due to conditions of trading, they are not allowed to serve tea and coffee. I find this astounding - they can compete with other establishments in the Walk and nearby re food but not for coffee which is part of the Italian way of life. Rather like visiting a dairy and being told they are not allowed to sell cheese!
Best of luck to this enterprise.

• Visited June 2014
5 Thank BigglesBeds

London, United Kingdom
“You must check this place out!!!!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I'd heard so many good things about this place around the town so I thought that I'd pop in and grab some lunch as I work in the area.

The staff were very welcoming and chatty and helped me to decide what I wanted as I can be indecisive when presented with so much variety. They had about 10 different types of Pasta sauces, Lasagne, Pizza and Ciabatta rolls (again with many different fillings).

I eventually settled for a Carbonara and Garlic bread. This only set me back by about £5 to which I was pleasantly surprised, however as it was very low in price I half expected the quality to match. This was not the case. The carbonara was awesome and the garlic bread accompanied it very well. I was stuffed with about a quarter of the pot left but I was determined to finish it as it was addictive.

The decor is fresh, modern and is laid out very well so that you can see the staff cook your food in front of you. It's very clean and I think it also has a 5 star hygiene rating which seems to be quite rare in Biggleswade.

My food was served to me piping hot in probably about 3 minutes so I didn't have to wait that long either.

I have nothing bad to say about this place except for the fact that I wish they could open one right next to my house. I would never cook again if this was the case.

I highly recommend a visit or even getting a delivery, however I really think that you should go and see what they've done with the place compared to what it was before.

• Visited May 2014
5 Thank Gary C
Arlesey
“Pasta perfect”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

What a fantastic concept ! I loved seeing the food made fresh in front of me and only in a few minutes so no waiting around even though it was lunch time. The pasta was perfect and the tirimissu was the best I'd had in years :-) top marks and we will be back soon .

• Visited May 2014