“Good food”

The Mill House Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Birtley
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Mill House Never Sleeps....We offer a varied menu with lunch specials,steak specials & a paella evening. Bar tapas also available. Call in, relax and enjoy a glass of wine from our extensive wine menu....... It's an excuse to call in and see exactly what we do, how we do it and when! Look forward to seeing you.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Went here for a business lunch recently and found the food and service to be very good. There is a good menu and a specials board with some nice sounding dishes. I had the burger and chips - the burger was excellent (well cooked but full of flavour and not dry) the chips were great and it came with a good portion of salad and coleslaw. The portions aren't small so I couldn't finish the meal so beware if you are only peckish!
They also do excellent coffee as well. I just had an americano but the coffee was full of fresh flavours and wasn't bitter.
Meal price was very reasonable and staff were very friendly and helpful.
It does have WiFi on site - the code is near the bar (which I didn't spot until I was leaving) so ask or keep a look out if you need it.

• Visited July 2014

“Mussels were delicious!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Ordered lunch of the set menu and as usual, food was lovely.
Both my mam and I started with the mussels in a Tom Yum sauce and they were without doubt the most delicious mussels I've eaten at a restaurant. The main wasn't quite the same standard as the "Steak and ale pie" turned out to be a beef stew with a token piece of puff pastry at the side of the plate. That said, the beef was wonderfully tender and the gravy was equally as nice- just not quite what I was expecting from the menu.
Service was quite slow as it took a while for us to be shown to our pre-booked table and our order to be taken, but the staff were friendly.
I am looking forward to going back some time in the near future!

“Great time as usual”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Have been dining at the Mill House for several years and have never been let down, a warm welcome, lovely food and service with a smile, can't ask for more!

Look forward to my next visit.

Newcastle, Washington
“Care NOT”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Been to the Mill House many times but won't return. Service was poor when we reminded the waitress that she had forgot to take our order I was left to feel like I should not have bothered her. The food was the worst I have ever experienced here, bland tasteless with a sauce or gravy on the duck which I am still not exactly sure what is was. Such a shame but until the restaurant cares about their customers and the quality of food they are serving then I won't care to return.

1 Thank Helenlouisew
Porcellis, Manager at The Mill House Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Hello, my name is Laùra Flood, I am one of the managers within The Millhouse Group.
First and foremost I apologise for the poor visit you recently had at The Millhouse.
I am looking into this matter and would very much appreciate if you could contact me at The Millhouse. Thankyou.
Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
“Food and Wine wasnt great”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This was our 5th visit to the Mill House as we live locally, i find the staff lovely, if you are a couple they tend to sit you in the conservatory which was very warm like a greenhouse, we had the steak night, the soup was lovely, the steak and chips very bland, the tomato with sweet cabbage was nice however the chips all be it homemade are very big, dry and tasteless, we also found the steak tasteless, combined with the heat and the sour tasting house wine it seemed to leave an awful taste in our mouths. Our first 3 visits were really nice always choosing the special, the last twice the food hasnt impressed us and we wont be returning based on this, shame as the ambiance and staff are lovely.

• Visited July 2014