“Rude incompetent staff”

The Mill House Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Birtley
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Mill House Never Sleeps....We offer a varied menu with lunch specials,steak specials & a paella evening. Bar tapas also available. Call in, relax and enjoy a glass of wine from our extensive wine menu....... It's an excuse to call in and see exactly what we do, how we do it and when! Look forward to seeing you.
Newcastle
“Rude incompetent staff”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Visited here for Sunday dinner table for six 2 starters 6 mains and what should have been 4 puddings. Didn't take the starter plates away before the mains were brought and waited for over 30 mins for dinner plates to be taken away and a non appearing drinks order. Went to pay the bill and speak to manageress who turned out to be the fool serving our table. Said it was because they were short staffed yet did not issue an apology and was very rude when confronted. Will not be going back.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Minemech

Washington, United Kingdom
“Wise Guys should know about this place”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have eaten in the Mill house on many occasions and always have found the food to be of the highest standard. I was by chance we stumbled upon Wise Guys, the Italian restaurant in another section of the building, the food was the best i have experienced in an Italian restaurant, and I shall be heading back this week to sample more dishes. The Ceasar salad is to die for!!

• Visited August 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Went here for a business lunch recently and found the food and service to be very good. There is a good menu and a specials board with some nice sounding dishes. I had the burger and chips - the burger was excellent (well cooked but full of flavour and not dry) the chips were great and it came with a good portion of salad and coleslaw. The portions aren't small so I couldn't finish the meal so beware if you are only peckish!
They also do excellent coffee as well. I just had an americano but the coffee was full of fresh flavours and wasn't bitter.
Meal price was very reasonable and staff were very friendly and helpful.
It does have WiFi on site - the code is near the bar (which I didn't spot until I was leaving) so ask or keep a look out if you need it.

• Visited July 2014
“Mussels were delicious!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Ordered lunch of the set menu and as usual, food was lovely.
Both my mam and I started with the mussels in a Tom Yum sauce and they were without doubt the most delicious mussels I've eaten at a restaurant. The main wasn't quite the same standard as the "Steak and ale pie" turned out to be a beef stew with a token piece of puff pastry at the side of the plate. That said, the beef was wonderfully tender and the gravy was equally as nice- just not quite what I was expecting from the menu.
Service was quite slow as it took a while for us to be shown to our pre-booked table and our order to be taken, but the staff were friendly.
I am looking forward to going back some time in the near future!

“Great time as usual”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Have been dining at the Mill House for several years and have never been let down, a warm welcome, lovely food and service with a smile, can't ask for more!

Look forward to my next visit.