“Snuck in... snuck out!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Newton Aycliffe
“Snuck in... snuck out!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

First time at this PI.
Sadly we arrived late in the day, 21.30! We had pre booked this PI several weeks in advance, but I was a bit miffed that having paid £48 in advance, two weeks later the price went down a bit. Which I think, defeats the Premier saver option.
Anyway, this was a run of the mill PI. Staff friendly, room very nice. We had a very good nights sleep due to a lot of travelling.
Cannot really tell you very much more. Sadly, didn't get time to use the restaurant, shame as it was a Fayre and Square, one of our faves!
The hotel was easy enough to get to. Not near any main roads but the A1 is a short distance away.
Overall, for the time we spent there. it was very nice. would we go again? yes

Room Tip: Only 2 floors. We were round the back of the second floor which had a bleak field view but soundproo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Evilraccoon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Tadley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

We have used this venue several times in the last three years and have always had a very satisfactory stay. The staff are welcoming, the rooms and services good and the restaurant convenient with a range and variety to suit most people.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth C
Dunblane, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

The staff here were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The hotel was very well located for getting from Darlington Railway Station and then working at Newton Aycliffe.

The room was spacious and provided everything I needed. I asked for specific things when I booked and they phoned me before I arrived to confirm my request and let me know they were able to honour it.

This was my first visit to a Premier Inn and I was looking forward to getting a good nights sleep. That is the main thing they sell themselves on. I found the bed to be too hard. They did offer a mattress topper but couldn't find it and the quilt they put on under the sheet didn't offer any comfort.

The soundproofing between rooms is poor and I could hear footsteps, bathrooms and talking from other rooms. Fortunately no-one around me stayed up any later than me.

The receptionist was very quick to suggest I make use of their good night's sleep guarantee and ask for my money back.

This was a very positive experience, other than the one thing they pride themselves on. I would be very happy to stay at a Premier Inn again.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms on ground floor are at the back and quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sally H
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

A excellent premier Inn, very clean, staff friendly, room was comfortable and refreshed well, and set on edge of town so very easy reach of local facilities. On site restaurant had good menu and pleasant staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicola G
St Ives, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights over the Christmas period. Asked for a quiet room and was given one on the top floor at the back and it was very quiet. The staff were unfailingly helpful and cheerful despite having to work over Christmas, they even offered me de-icer for my car when it was cold and icy . I also had a hand written Xmas card from the staff pushed under my door on Christmas day. I was asked every time I went through the lobby if everything was ok and if there was anything I needed. AS a lone female guest I felt the security was good but comfortable and not intrusive. All in all I had a very good experience staying at this Premier Inn.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank StIvian
Middlesbrough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Excellent hotel. Really friendly, breakfast is lovely. If you are going into town you will need to book a taxi, but the hotel or the public house will arrange this for you. The rooms are very spacious.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

My wife and I tried to book a room on the morning of our stay, their internet site would not permit this so we decided to wait until we got there - we were travelling from Birmingham.
When we got to the motel, we tried to book in. The lady on the desk was only to happy to arrange a room for us but said that it would cost us £20 extra because we had not booked on line. I explained that we had tried to, but were unsuccessful. She simply smiled and waited for me to decide - we refused the room.
We have been staying there 3 or 4 times a year and are usually taken care of. Not this time, this time we were treated to absolute apathy despite our troubles being Premier Inn's fault!
Instead we travelled a mile down the road, booked into the ASTON hotel, saved money on the room and had breakfast included in the price. It was a lovely hotel with brilliant staff and a beautiful breakfast, all for less money than Premier Inn,
We complained to the company on our return and were sent £40 as a sorry. It was NOT enough.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Slartibartfast2013
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Durham (Newton Aycliffe) Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of customer service and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton Aycliffe
#1 of 1 in Coatham Mundeville
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hardwick Hall Hotel
Premier Inn Durham City Centre
Park Head Country Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Premier Inn Durham (Newton Aycliffe) Hotel? Share your experiences!