“Fantastic on every level” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Redworth Hall Hotel

Redworth Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Redworth
Middlesbrough
“Fantastic on every level”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

My stay at the hotel was fantastic. The deluxe rooms were gorgeous and more importantly clean. The staff were friendly and nothing seemed too much trouble. The spa package was worth very penny and we will be booking again next year. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Slholliday
RedworthGM, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2011
Dear Slholliday
Thank you for posting this great feedback and I am pleased you enjoyed the spa break. Great value for money as you say, so hopefull it wont be long before you are back again!
Jonathan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (633)
Tyne & wear
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

On arrival to Redworth Hall we found the staff very informative and welcoming, the whole experience from arrival to departure was first class. Staff were so helpfull and made our stay very relaxing.The facilities were also first class, including spa treatments, food, cleanliness. This was a girly spa break, however I am looking forward to going back to Redworth Hall with my family and friends in near future.

Room Tip: The delux rooms have best views.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank lindaTyne_wear
Dear lindaTyne_wear.
I am pleased to read you enjoyed your girlie break, and hopefully it wont be long before you are back with your family.
Kind regards.
Hartlepool UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

We arrived at the Hotel at 3.10pm to be greeted by a wedding in full flow. The Bride looked radiant and it was good to watch the photographer setting up pics of the kids running around. Check-in was quite painless even though there was a bit of a queue due to members of the wedding party checking in. Directions to the room a bit vague but found our room after a nice walk!! They had booked us into a SPA room (well worth the upgrade)! Extremely comfortable bed and SPA bath and shower excellent. Spa and gym facilities very clean, however jacuzzi not very warm but relaxing. Sauna & Steam room both excellent and modern machines in the gym. Evening meal was superb and staff extremely helpful and polite 9even though I coaused a problem by claiming another table's starter)!! Sorry Kayleigh!! I apologised but Kayleigh made me feel at ease and she and the rest of the staff tried to take the blame to make me feel better. Excellent customer service. We had a late breakfast and fell into the trap of the queue due to everyone having a lie in. Staff did their best and I certainly would not complain.
Overall, our anniversary was great thnaks to the surroundings, facilities and staff at Redworth Hall, we will be back as soon as we can. Many thanks to you all.

Dear Goancrazy
Thank you for your kind feedback, always appreciated, and I am sure Kayleigh will be happy to have a mention. I look forward to welcoming you again to Redworth Hall, so do let me know when you are back and I'll say hello.
Essex, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

Stayed for 1 night to see Take That in Sunderland, this was the closest Hotel I could book but I am really pleased that the local hotels were sold out!

Stunning venue from outside, if I lived closer I would plan a wedding here in an instant. Reception staff were really friendly and gave us directions to the venue. Our room was basic but with Breakfast included £95 on a Bank Holiday weekend was pretty good. Breakfast Buffet was good, but since the Hotel was full you had to get there before 9.30 to avoid queuing. Unfortunately didn't have time to use the Spa but if I came back I would come prepared to do so.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RedworthGM, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2011
Dear Hanzibar
Thank you for the kind feedback, and I will ensure this is shared with then team. Hope you enjoyed Take That, great to have them in the North East to open their tour. Kind regards
Southampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

We travelled to Redworth Hall on 27 May 2011, for a 2-night stay, to see the opening night of the Take That "Progress" tour in Sunderland. I had tried, on many occasions, to book a local B&B or Guest House, without success, so booked Redworth Hall. We were not disappointed!

The hotel is set in fabulous grounds, which were very well maintained, it had a lovely feel about the place, with all staff making us feel very welcome. The ladies on Reception were very envious of us seeing Take That, and promptly provided us with printed directions to the stadium - a nice touch.

The rooms we were given were great. One was a Superior Deluxe room and the other a Family room - both of which were very spacious and well appointed.

Good breakfast buffet selection, although get there early........the buffet didn't appear very well stocked or replenished after about an hour, and tables weren't cleared efficiently, so we had lots of crockery piling up on our table!!

We used the bar in the evening, good service, but chose to sit in Reception lounge with our drinks, as the football was on!! One small niggle - there were a number of staff who had come to the reception desk, or walked through the area, during the time we were drinking and no-one offered us another drink when our glasses were empty. Working in the industry myself, and in a 4* environment, we are always encouraged to upsell and offer additional drinks to guests. The staff did not take advantage of this opportunity.

We used the leisure club and pool area, which was very nice, and the whole club and spa area was very clean and inviting.

I would choose to stay at Redworth Hall again if visiting the area in the future. I'm jolly glad the local B&B's were full, as the Hotel really did make for a wonderful weekend of "Take That", relaxation, sightseeing and good fun!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Dear CandPSouthampton
"Take That", relaxation, sightseeing and good fun! Glad we were able to be a part of your few days in the North East, hopefully we'll see you again soon. Kind regards
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

After having a rather disappointing stay in a sister Barcelo hotel, I have to say that Redworth Hall knocked spots of it ! We have had a very relaxing time in a comfortable bed and clean bathroom facilities and excellent shower. The food was good although choice was limited and maybe a problem if staying longer. Breakfast offered a good selection and my husband enjoyed the cooked breakfast. The staff were extremely friendly and made us welcome. Well done Redworth Hall you have made me want too comeback and see you!! PS: the grounds were lovely and I am sure if we had stayed in a front bedroom in the main house with the park view our stay would have been near perfect.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
RedworthGM, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2011
Dear hilib

Thank you for posting your positive feedback and I am really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass you comments to the team, and hopefully it wont be long before we can welcome you back to Redworth Hall Hotel.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

I booked this hotel through my tesco vouchers and booked a spa break which included a spa room, two half hour treatments each for my partner and myself and lunch.

I spoke to several people on a number of occassions and each time explained I would be taking my dog, yet on arrival were told we couldn't have a dog in the spa room. I was really annoyed with this and were lucky they said they would over ride this on this occassion.

The hotel grounds and hotel look absolutely beautiful. The rooms were lovely and the spa bath is great. The spa shower looks great but wasn't really, it took quite a while to figure out and the pressure wasn't very good once I did. There was no wi fi ( if thats how you spell it) in our room which was slightly annoying however we were told there was an internet connection at the table. internet was not free and they wanted £12.99 for 24 hours. I was going to pay this grudgingly however the internet did not work and I spent hours tring to get a connection and phoning the desk. They said they would get someone to look into it but never got back to us.

The service wasn't very good unfortunately. The staff were friendly enough but we had to wait ages at the bar for service and then spent £11 on two drinks, pretty expensive. At the restaurant at night there was no-one waiting at the entrance so we weren't sure if we were just to seat ourselves, so this is what we did, we were given menus and we ordered two drinks whilst choosing our food. We then ordered our starters and they were served to us and at this point had to remind them we had ordered drinks. The same thing happened the second night when my partner was given his drink but i had to ask for mine again five minutes later. On the second night we also saw a group of people wait at the entrance for five minutes to be seated whilst staff faffed about doing nothing. I ordered a dessert the second night which my partner had got the first night and it was totally different. it was supposed to have chocolate sponge in it but it had fruit sponge which i think they just shoved in out of laziness coz the pudding they made my partner had fruit sponge it it. The sauce on the menu also says caramel but the night before my partner had been given chocolate sauce. its not a huge deal but all the small things add up. When we were getting our lunch which was included in the package we were not given our drinks. We didn't complain as had our spa treatments booked and didn't have time to wait on others.

There are no cubicles to change in the spa just a locker room for females and one for males. Some people may not bother about this but I don't like to see other naked people wandering around and prefer privacy to get changed. the treatments were lovely and the pool and spa were nice. We spoke to one couple in the jacuzzi who said that five minutes earlier it hadn't been working. They were locals who were members and told us that there was always something or other broken. All in all it was nice to get away and we were really lucky the weather was beautiful so sat out in the garden most of the day. If it wasn't sunny I don't know what we would have done with ourselves.

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear JenandFay
I am sorry that we didnt quite get your stay right, but thank you for your constructive feedback, points we will definately be able to use to devlop our product and service.
I was disappointed to hear of the comments regarding your dog, as you will read favouraable comments in other reviews as to how accommodating we are. We do restrict the room types dogs are accommodated in as we feel this is in the best interest of current and future guests.
Jonathan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redworth
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
#1 of 1 in Billingham
Hall Garth Golf And Country Club
Hall Garth Golf And Country Club
#1 of 1 in Coatham Mundeville

Been to Redworth Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!