“Warm celebration”

Redworth Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Redworth
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed in Redworth to celebrate a special birthday. Although it was busy on the weekend we stayed staff and service was excellent the team made our stay special. We are unsure about peoples comments on rooms as ours were fantastic we had each room type in our large party and couldn't find fault. Our family room was huge and spacious and well decorated. My parents has a fabulous suite that had a living area and plush décor. We enjoyed our stay food and beverages were of a reasonable price for a hotel and the surroundings were lovely. Overall a lovely stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank FAM5_12
John O, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

It is great when the whole family enjoy the hotel. I was delighted to read your review.

There are newer reviews for Redworth Hall Hotel

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Bought a 1 night package deal from living social as an Xmas present for my partner & the service when booking was excellent from the Puma call centre- speedy service, reserved a table for dinner at the time of booking & sent confirmation immediately.

The hotel is stunning from the outside & rather quirky inside & couldn't fault our superior room for comfort.

A few things we did notice which could easily be improved was the lack of atmosphere & music in the bar area, albeit it cosy it wasn't particularly inviting, and as a result we left the bar early after dinner & returned to our room as we felt things wouldn't get any better!

The evening menu was good & varied but desserts were disappointing & clearly bought in as they lacked the same standard as the starters & mains. Again, no music in the restaurant but could easily be resolved to improve overall exp.

Breakfast was a self-serve buffet but not reaching the quality expected at 4* with food running out & no staff allocated to the pass for replenishing. As a result we were missing quite a few items that make up a full English breakfast & didn't want to wait due to the que behind us.

Leisure faculties were good & varied & despite being busy we didn't wait long to use sauna/steam etc.

All in all a pleasant get away & value for money but not what we would consider 4* based on quality & overall experience.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank lovesspring

Thank you for your comments reviewing the music in both these areas to create more atmosphere when the hotel is quieter.
Regards

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Have just returned from a Saturday night stay at Redworth. £146 for dinner bed and breakfast with a bottle of sparking wine in room on arrival.
Room was a little on the small side. Bed was very comfy. Not much choice of tv channels. Shower was hot but not very powerful - like a dribble really!
Sparkling wine was delicious and a great way to start our stay. 3 course meal in the restaurant was fab - I would advise booking a table prior to your visit as it was very busy. Great menu with lots of choice.
Breakfast was disappointing - we had it in our room. Cooked breakfast came on a plate with another plate in top - what no cloche?? Tea was lukewarm and no jam for my toast. Picky I know.
We did have a lovely stay and I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank monahue

A great tip to book your table in advance if you have a preferred time to dine

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Booked a one night dinner bed & breakfast & bottle of fizz deal for £99 and after reading some of the previews reviews we were a little apprehensive however this was totally unfounded. The hotel is charming and classy. The staff were welcoming, pleasant and helpful. Taking previous visitors advice we upgraded and chose a suite for an extra £25, which was well worth the money. The 1 bed suite was probably as big as many 1 bed apartments! Flat screen TVs in lounge and bedroom and fridge in lounge. It was tastefully decorated and well maintained. The bed was huge and comfortable, as was the jacuzzi bath. We didn't book dinner until we arrived at around 6pm and couldn't get a table until 9.30 which we didn't mind as we chilled in our suite with a bottle of wine. The 3 course menu choice was reasonable and the service friendly and efficient. The inclusive bottle of fizz was a pleasant surprise and a reasonable Pinot. The only complaint we have is that it seemed like the lamb shank had been prepared much earlier and they tried to keep it warm but failed as it was cold and the overall quality of the dish suffered from not being fresh. The full English breakfast in bed was also a bit on the small side and missing tomatoes, mushrooms and brown sauce (but that's me being really picky!)

Other than that this is a pretty a good hotel, similar to De Vere country clubs we have stayed at. Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: 319 is a large comfortable suite at a quiet end of the hotel and worth the extra £25 over a standar...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael H

Thank you for your kind comments about some of the less positive reviews.
I am pleased your visit was good. We do work hard to give guests a nice experience and they should tell us when we are not getting it just right. We will do our best to fix it there and then.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Just spent the night here and really enjoyed ourselves. We upgraded to the spa room which was spacious and very modern with a lovely bathroom which had a spa bath and excellent shower with so many shower heads!!
The bar is rather small, but we still manage to get seats, drinks Mmm two glasses of red wine £10.20 Slightly expensive. We ate at 6:30 which is early for us but only had choice of that time or 9:00pm. Starters salmon fish cake, followed by Devine chicken and we finished off with Choc gateaux and raspberry cheesecake. Food was beautiful and staff plentiful and very attentive. We were never rushed and left our table at 8:30.
Breakfast was a pleasure we we're taken to our table and coffee served immediately. Breakfast was plentiful with lots of choice, we both opted for the full English and we're not disappointed..
All in all lovely place lovely food great staff. Will go definitely go again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pearl O

delighted you enjoyed Redworth. It was a pleasure looking after you.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I booked Redworth for my 40th birthday and my party were on a spa break package which included 1hr treatment, use of all facilities, dinner, bed and breakfast. The spa staff and facilities were excellent it was clean, spacious, the staff were friendly and helpful. I only have one con and that was probably could hire more beauty staff as it was fully booked and we couldn't add extra treatments as all the slots were full. The restaurant food was excellent and my party all commented on how good all the food was as we had a wide range of dishes. The rooms were breath taking when you walked in we had six room in total and they were all different but fabulous. What made the trip for us was the General Manager he took excellent care of us and was on hand to make the whole stay the best experience ever. I cannot wait to go back and take my husband this time to show him how amazing this place really is. I have nicknamed it The Hidden Little Gem of the North.

Room Tip: We were put in a large family room that was more like a suite with separate lounge/dining area, larg...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Naughtyatforty

Wow!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Redworth Hall was the perfect setting for a winter marriage celebration and the attentive staff did a lot to make our guests feel very welcome. From the very first contact I had with Vicki, Redworth's events manager, to Tony, the head of staff in charge of the evening, the employees did a fantastic job.

Because I don't live in the UK, my mother-in-law did the majority of the planning. After a couple of disappointing experiences with other venues in the area, she was surprised and touched by the staff's kindness. She and my father in law were even allowed to tour the hotel and the grounds twice.

As soon as we drove up I was blown away by Redworth Hall's majesty. I'm an American Downton Abbey/the Shining fan and I love all sorts of maze-like castles. (Rumor is the forlorn spirits of the Hall's previous dwellers still stalk the grounds, which really appealed to this horror movie aficionado.) Stepping into the Great Hall was like stepping into another, more grandiose era, and it provided the perfect atmosphere in which we could celebrate our marriage and my parents-in-law's vow renewal.

I have to dedicate an entire paragraph to Tony and the staff. Tony accommodated our every need and kept everything running smoothly, allowing my mother-in-law and I to enjoy ourselves without worry. He walked us through how the evening would go regarding the dinner and the party afterwards, from 5 pm to 11 pm. We had a few decorations we wanted to set down on the tables prior to dinner, just a few Christmas ornaments for our guests to take home, and again the staff accommodated us. They also provided us with an old-fashioned postal box, which added to the atmosphere of the evening and was a great way to keep our greeting cards for safekeeping. Tony kept coming in and checking on everything throughout the dinner and the party, whether it was to move and clear the tables or to stoke the fire.

The Sunday dinner was delicious and the creme brûlée dessert was great. The DJ had contacted us beforehand and he played a lot of our requests without keeping the music monotonous (I like Beyonce and Michael Jackson more than most).

The room we booked that evening also exceeded my expectations. The jacuzzi bathtub was luxurious, and the bed was super comfortable. The breakfast bar also had everything you could ever want after a long night of drinking and dancing, from a full English dinner (complete with black pudding) to fruit and cereal.

All in all, Redworth Hall was everything I imagined it would be and more. I'll always cherish my memories of that evening , and can't wait to visit next time we're in England.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Guia D

''Redworth Hall was everything I imagined it would be and more''.
Thank you, a fabulous comment on such a special day. Let me know
for you next visit, there will be a bottle of fizz on ice for you.
kindest regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redworth
Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club
#1 of 1 in West Auckland
Hardwick Hall Hotel
Hardwick Hall Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sedgefield

Been to Redworth Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!