Redworth Hall Hotel
Premier Inn Durham (Newton Aycliffe) Hotel(Newton Aycliffe)(Great Value!)
US$76
PremierInn.com
Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel(Walworth)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$79
US$72
US$133
  • Restaurant
The Manor House Hotel(West Auckland)
US$74
US$63
  • Pool
Park Head Country Hotel and Restaurant(Bishop Auckland)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$69
US$40
TripAdvisor
3,591 results
All reviewsspa bathcrazy golfleisure facilitiesbay horseafternoon teadeluxe roomevening meallovely hoteldinner bed and breakfastsecret escapessteam roomlovely groundsthree course mealleisure clubbeautiful buildingspa breakbuffet style
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel on Monday 3rd March on a Living Social Package. The package was £109 and included bed and breakfast in a superior room with spa bath, 3 course dinner with a bottle of wine and late checkout. I must admit before we arrived I was a little bit apprehensive after reading some of the negative reviews about the hotel. However, I needn't have worried because we had a lovely stay with no problems and the package we had was excellent value for money. We checked in without any fuss and were very pleased with our room (602). It had a huge, very comfortable bed and the bathroom was great. It was very modern with a large spa tub and separate walk in shower. Our dinner was very nice and tasty. My husband ordered a steak cooked medium rare and it came to the table exactly as he had requested. I was pleased with my starter of haggis, neeps and tatties, because I love this dish and usually only get it on trips to Scotland! The staff were friendly and efficient. We had a comfortable nights sleep, it was very quiet and we were not disturbed at all. We had breakfast at 9.00am and although the dining room was quite busy we were seated straight away and a large pot of tea arrived immediately. The breakfast was very good, with a large selection of cereals, yoghurts, pastries etc and a cooked buffet style breakfast. I'm not usually a fan of buffets as I think the food tends to dry out, but in this case it was fine. It was great having a late checkout as it mean't we had time to relax, drink a cup of coffee and read the papers before leaving. On the negative side, I do agree that it is very confusing when trying to find your room and the signage could be improved, especially in my case as I won't use a lift, but after we found our room and got our bearings it wasn't a problem. I was quite surprised at some of the negative comments on here, but I thought it was great value for money and would make a return visit.

Room Tip: Room 602 was lovely and very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
John O, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay. I am glad to hear that the stay excelled your expectations and that the staff were friendly and efficient. We are aware that some rooms are slightly harder to locate than others, and as a result signage is being improved across the hotel in due time.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We spent 3 relaxing days at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful nothing was too much trouble.
We had a standard double room which was lovely with 2 comfy armchairs and easy to access wifi. unfortunately i suffer a lot of back pain and the bed was a little too firm for me, next morning i asked if they had a mattress topper, housekeeping were there within 30 mins.
Breakfast was great lots to choose from.
We used the leisure club the pool and spa steam room etc were good. gym was nice but some of equipment needs updating.
Again big thanks to all the staff you were great.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at Redworth. We always appreciate kind comments about the team, and I am so glad to hear we looked after you on your three night stay. I am sorry to hear the mattress was to firm for you. I hope that the mattress topper helped with this issue. I have passed on your comments about updating some of the equipment within our gym to our Health Club Manager.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We got this spa day for £35 each, which included a treatment, use of the facilities and lunch. The beauty and spa staff were very friendly and the amount we got for our money was definitely worth it.
However, the pool was very small and it almost felt like everyone was sat on top of each other, preventing you being able to have any space to yourself. The pool area included a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi which were all kept relatively clean.
The food was good and you definitely got enough to keep you full! The reception and bar staff were sparse and it seemed only one lady did all of the work! One male receptionist lacked any customer service and it seemed that even signing us in a reception was too much of a hassle for him!
I can't say much else for the rest of the hotel but the spa was worth this price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
John O, Health Club Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your spa day, however I apologise for the problems that you faced. Our spa days are incredibly popular, as is the pool and the gym with hotel guests and local people which could of lead to the pool are feeling crowded. I am glad to hear that you found the beauty therapists friendly and intensive, however I must apologise for the other staff in the health club. I do hope that these problems have not put you off to visiting the hotel again.
Health Club Manager

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We booked a weekend break for my birthday. Had booked a premier room at a supplement. Room was filthy. Dust on surfaces and skirting board. Insufficient toiletries. Hot water barely warm in bath and shower. Restaurant booking only available for 9pm. Menu inaccurate. They offered what they did have. Pudding had been reheated in a microwave and was hard at the bottom and lure warm in middle. Hen party ruined meal with raucous banter. We could barely hold a conversation. Whole break overpriced!!! Poor value for money. Have had a better stay in a Premier Inn at a fraction of the cost!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am ever so sorry to hear that your stay with us was disappointing. I would appreciate if you would contact me directly to discuss these issues.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I saw this break by chance in the window of Thomas Cook, and thought it unbelievably good value. I took a friend with me as hubby not keen to go. Having read some of the reviews, I was rather wishing I hadn't booked, but from the first glimpse of the grounds covered with 1000's of snowdrops, to the building itself, we were very pleasantly surprised by the whole experience.
Check-in was quick and easy, the receptionist very pleasant and helpful. We asked for a ground floor room as we both have mobility problems, and were given a lovely room not too far from the reception and dining room. The room was beautifully warm and cosy and we liked the decor. Yes, it was a little shabby (bathroom) but it was spotlessly clean. The beds were extremely comfortable.
We had stopped for lunch at the Bay Horse pub in Heighington ,(fantastic!!) so delayed having the afternoon tea which was part of the package, until 5pm. It was absolutely gorgeous, fresh warm scones, clotted cream, jam, a selection of lovely cream cakes and finger sandwiches with various fillings. We couldn't move after that, so sat for a couple of hours in the bar to read the papers and watch the world go by.
We had a walk around the gardens and decided on an early night after all that food.
Very little noise from anyone around us, and we both slept very well. Breakfast was a little disappointing as the bacon was overcooked and cold, but apart from that there was plenty of choice and it was a treat to have it cooked for us. All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and can't wait to return. The staff were very helpful and informative, especially the girls on reception.
We did not really have time to explore the spa facilities, but next time------!!

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems, ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
John O, Front Office Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

I am so happy to hear that the hotel exceeded your expectations. I am happy to hear that we fulfilled your request of a ground floor room and the reception staff were accommodating of your needs. I am sorry to hear of the problems regarding your breakfast, in which these problems have been passed on to the Food and Beverage manager who is now investigating this issue. Although this issue was raised I am glad to hear that you will be returning for another visit to the hotel and we hope to see you again in the near future. The girls on reception would also like to thank you for your kind comments.
Front of House Manager