“Lovely setting”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Redworth
Halesowen, United Kingdom
“Lovely setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Nice looking hotel with large grounds and large car park (but this is for spa as well so gets busy). On the main road but be careful as post code led us down a side road into nowhere. Deal we had was for 3 course meal with wine but staff were accommodating and helpful in us getting full value. Room comfortable but dark and was clean and fairly big. Poor mobile reception around the hotel so many people went to the front outside. Seems to host quite a few corporate functions, a prom and is also a wedding venue. Small bar, which we could not get to when prom was on until they all went to their function room. Prices not cheap but I suppose no more expensive than the competition. Pleasant venue handily placed for gorgeous countryside and the Pennines.

Room Tip: The hotel has an odd layout so try to make sure your room is on a higher level (don't go by room...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
John O, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We do hope to see you return when you are next in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (637)
Carnoustie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

On our way down into Yorkshire for a few days break, and this seemed an ideal spot to break the journey, and so it proved. We found it easily, check in was efficient and friendly, and the room was excellent, even if it seemed a long way into the hotel, with 2 lift journeys! The bathroom was fantastic with a magnificent shower, which would blast anything out of tired pores! The restaurant was busy, as it should be on a Saturday, and the food was very good, though not exceptional. Staff were helpful and courteous throughout, and were a well organised team. It was very quiet and peaceful, and we would visit again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. It is lovely to read you would return, and we all look forward to welcoming you when you do.
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Booked through Secret Escapes, Redworth Hall offered a chance to get a short break in a quiet location. The hotel looks fantastic on arrival up the long drive and while the room perhaps don't quite live up to the grandeur of the outside, ours was clean and comfortable for a one-night stay. It didn't have all the Sky channels as had been suggested, with an issue over tuning.

We made use of the gym facilities (standard for a hotel) and also had dinner and breakfast as part of our deal. The evening meal was nice, with a variable menu (be warned you will have to pay extra for some selections, meat lovers). Breakfast offered even more choices, not sure to be honest that I didn't try every option, either!

Pleasant stay at a discounted deal, which is why it gets four stars on this review. Perhaps not quite worth all the pennies if you're paying full price.

2 Thank Rob L
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and I am pleased you found your overall stay value for money.
Shropshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We purchased a Secret Escapes deal of dinner, bed, breakfast and a bottle of house wine at Redworth Hall Hotel from Secret Escapes, after checking the photographs and reading the hotel description.

On checking into our room - 328 - we were very disappointed. The room was shabby, drab and dismal. Maintenance/housekeeping was lacking, ie, one double glazed panel was blown, the safety catch on another was broken, net curtains weren't hung properly, the valance was ill-fitted, floor hadn't been vacuumed, inside wardrobe was dusty, back of bathroom door was filthy, bath and surround didn't look clean, around taps was dirty. Corridor windows were dirty and drapes dusty. Many light shades were at haphazard angles, one was missing altogether with the bare bulb showing. There were glasses on various surfaces in the corridor. The whole hotel looks unloved.

I did discuss our concerns with a duty manager but wasted my time as he was adamant the room was acceptable, although he didn't trouble to come and look at the room.

Dinner was acceptable, however, breakfast was poor with guests queuing a long time for the hot buffet selection when first the eggs ran out, then the mushrooms, etc, etc.

The redeeming feature of the hotel was the waiting on/bar staff who were unfailingly friendly, smiling and efficient.

If you do plan on visiting Redworth Hall we suggest you check and check again as to exactly which room you are likely to be allocated as chances are you won't be allocated a refurbished room as shown on Secret Escapes web page.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
4 Thank lindaraw
I am sorry you didn't enjoy your time here. All of our rooms are a little different, and some have been newly refurbished where as others are still more traditional. However, all of our bedrooms should be clean and I am sorry you didn't find yours as it should have been. I have spoken to our Houskeeping Manager regarding your comments, as I do take cleanliness very seriously.
Warrington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Booked hotel as local to meeting next day and although room rate high outlook good and free wifi offered which a must on a business trip. Overall disappointed, bar food average but pricey, and even though no phone signal in hotel bar area which can happen wifi limited and keeps dropping out. Had to re login 5 times with an hour. TV in room back to the eighties with signal, BBC, itv, C4 and C5 only channels working, all others no signal. Spa good and prob good for a mini break but not a business drop off, keep away.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank ands777
I am sorry to read your thoughts on your stay. Unfortunately, the whole village of Redworth does struggle with mobile phone signal. As we understand the importance of wi-fi for all of our guests, we do have boosters through out the hotel to try and improve the signal strength. I can only apologise you did not find this adequate for yourself.
Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here partly business partly leisure in the past few days having booked a great deal for bb & evening meal.
We were impressed with our superior room, large bed, power shower etc. We ate in the restaurant both nights of our stay and the food was very good indeed and add the complimentary bottle of house wine, perfect! The breakfasts were adequate and we had sandwiches at lunchtime which were delicious.

I witnessed people complaining about everything from check in to queues outside the restaurant. and it would have been easy to join in.
I think the Hotel would agree that things were creaking along a bit as they were running at capacity and we all saw some things weren't going to plan, I found myself having much sympathy for all the staff who remained professional and were courteous and helpful at all times.

Thank-you for looking after us, we really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Graham S
Thank you for sharing your experience and kind words. We are currently in peak season, which does mean we are exceptionally busy, but it is great to read you still witnessed all our staff at their best in this period. We hope to see you return soon.
Stoke-on-Trent
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night which was enough, I was so tired and angry the next day I left before having breakfast
I arrived and checked in, waited 10 mins to check in as the lady was rushed off her feet whilst a man wandered around behind her looking busy doing nothing, I booked a table for dinner, the reception failed to book the table but they found a table in the very restaurant, I ordered my meal and was brought the wrong starter and was then asked are you sure you didn't order the soup, I ordered my drink and had to ask three times before it was eventually brought during my main course
I went to my room, at 9.30pm there was a very loud banging and screeching, sounded like water going through old pipes, I rang reception who told me that someone was on their way, at 8am I had given up on someone coming, this resulted in me being woken by the VERY loud noise at 11.30pm, 2am, 6am
When I checked out, it's the only hotel I've ever stayed at that didn't ask if I'd enjoyed my stay!!! Think I'll go to a Premier Inn next time

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank vad282
Please allow me to apologise for the poor service you received whilst you were here. It is very disheartening to read, and I can assure you I have spoken to the relevant team members in relation to your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redworth
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
#1 of 1 in Coatham Mundeville
The Manor House Hotel
The Manor House Hotel
#1 of 1 in West Auckland

Been to Redworth Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!